Reanie's Mom (moved from Venting)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have no idea how much you guys mean to me and how much you are helping me thru this - God bless you!!

boufa06 said:
Reanie, hope everything turns out well for your mum. You have my prayers and good wishes. It's normal to feel worried and anxious over the prospect of her surgery but I do believe it's a wise decision and everything should work out fine. If for one reason or another, your BF does not give you the comfort and support you badly need, so be it. At least you have DC members to give you the strength and courage to see you through.
Thanks - I appreciate your care and concern - Thanks for being here for me and hearing me out - I am feeling like I have a great support system here at DC!!!

kadesma said:
Honey,
some people are terrified of illness and do just aobout anything to avoid dealing with it.You accept it in them and forgive the fear or you just move on.I know his not being there hurts and it will alwaysirritate you unless he is able to get by it. Right now warm hugs are coming to you ..There are plans for you and your mom that you don't know about yet..Accept them as best you can, cherish these moments illness and all..Hang on to the love you have for your mom and God's will be done.
I'm here anytime you need a shoulder or a hug.
kadesma
I wish that were the case but even if it were I believe that when you love someone you should be there for them in one way or another - Glad I have you guys to be here for me - I do not know what I would do if I could not talk about this to all of you!!

Psalm 91

I feel so alone and wish I had someone here just to hold me and hear me vent my feelings.

You are not alone. There is Someone who st ands closer than a brother. It is when we are without anyone that He draws near. He loves you and your mother very much. Draw strength from His will. Lean on Him.

If you have a bible, please read Psalm 91. It is powerful. Really try hard to understand these words.

I have not read about your mom for some time and I apologize. I get caught up in my own frustrations. By praying for others when help is needed, we become st rong.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, dear one, and I ask for His grace to be granted at this time.

May it lighten you heart just knowing that we all care about you and your mom. All of our thoughts and prayers are with you both. JoAnn

You have us anytime you need us, Reanie!! Just be there for your mom and love her. Try to get some rest when you can. Your a wonderful daughter and that is all she would ask for.

When your mom is all better from the surgery, maybe you can find time to find a boyfriend with a little more heart!!

Prayers continue Raine! I hope and pray the surgery is a complete success. I wished I lived closer as I'd rush right over there to be by your side through this very difficult time. I completely understand how you are feeling right now. Huge Hugs!

Quick update - FIRST - Thanks to all of you and for your kind words and prayers - Moms surgery went well - they were able to remove the cancer from her right lung - she was doing well considering . However today she has taken a turn for the worse - She is having trouble breathing and her lungs are not functioning as well as they should - Please keep praying for her - I can not even visit her as I have an upper resp. infection, which if I gave to her could kill her - Please keep the prayers coming and I will get back t all of you as soon as possible. - I love you all... like the famiy and friends you are. - Irene

Irene,
there isn't a one of us here who won't keep praying for your mom. You will be tucked in there too.Keep all the good thoughts close and please come here when you can just to take a break from all the feelings going through your mind right now..Let all of us shoulder some of it with you..Keep thinking, Mom is strong, she WILL be alright..
kadesma

Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

I am going through a somewhat similar situation - we just found out last week that one of our closest friends has lung cancer. In my research since I found a book for family and friends of cancer patient's that I ordered for our sick friend's wife. The title of the book is "Help me to Live" by Lori Hope. Lori is a lung cancer survivor. Maybe the book can help you.

Irene, I am sorry to hear your mom is not doing as well as planned but it's still early, she only just had surgery yesterday, so give it time. I continue to send my prayers to you and your dear mother. Keep us posted when you can because we really do care. Take care dear.

One more thing Irene, even though you cannot be in the room with your mom because your respiratory condition, she knows your there with her and thinking of her.

Irene,

I am praying for your mom and also for you. I know these have been hard times for you both.

Barbara

Stay strong my friend I know how worried you are and please try to take care of yourself....force yourself to eat and drink to keep up your strength. Huge hugs............prayers going up!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom