"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Hold on thight Reanie,
you have all the thoughts and the prayers I can send to you and your mom...Please know, that all of us are here are thinking of the two of you and will gladly do what we can to ease your burden.
kadesma

Old 12-04-2006, 06:33 PM   #32
Head Chef

Reanie my prayers and best wishes are with you and your mom. All we can do is turn it over to God.

I will say a prayer for you and your mom today.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:51 AM   #33
Sous Chef

OK - Here we go - My mom is having surgery tomorrow to remove a part of her lung that has cancer. I am so worried and can not sleep...just wish I was not all alone right now.. I could use a great big hug and some company. I am upset that my so called BF could not even bother to offer to come over and told me that I was worrying about nothing and that everything would be fine...I truly hope it is a sucessfull operation...but can not believe he could not take the time to be here for me.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:59 AM   #34
Executive Chef

Dear Reanie,

You must be so scared and worried. You and your mom will be in my prayers tonight. Please know that you are not alone. Please lets us know how she is doing when the surgery is over. I send you a cyber hug from across the sea.

With Warm Aloha, Linda
Old 01-03-2007, 03:03 AM   #35
Sous Chef

My mom is having surgery today at 7am. I am so scared of what could happen. I can not sleep and can not keep the thought of something going wrong with the surgery. It is especially hard as a friend of ours just died of lung cancer and the viewing is tomorrow. I feel so alone and wish I had someone here just to hold me and hear me vent my feelings. My entire family on my moms side died before the age of 60 due to cancer.. My mom is 65 and has outlived them all. It is especially dangerous as she has emphazema and a past history of two TIA's and a hear attack as well. Please pray for her and for all of those of love her. We need all the support we can get. I am so glad I can get this out of my system by knowing I have true support on here. Thank you all - Irene
Old 01-03-2007, 03:07 AM   #36
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
Dear Reanie,

You must be so scared and worried. You and your mom will be in my prayers tonight. Please know that you are not alone. Please lets us know how she is doing when the surgery is over. I send you a cyber hug from across the sea.

With Warm Aloha, Linda
Thank you - For caring and being there - I feel like I am not all alone. Just knowing that you are here with me in spirit means more than I can say
Old 01-03-2007, 03:11 AM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Irene,
try to rest,that way you can be fully there for your mom. She needs clear thinking right now and you will be the one to supply that for her. I've been praying for your family and you and your mom...You wil continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as long as you need them and then some. I wish I were able to just hold your hand or sit by your side during this..I will be there though in thought...just remember your loved.
kadesma
Old 01-03-2007, 03:13 AM   #38
Executive Chef

We'll be thinking of you and your mom! Sending you virtual hugs! (((Reanie)))
Old 01-03-2007, 03:15 AM   #39
Executive Chef

Reanie, hope everything turns out well for your mum. You have my prayers and good wishes. It's normal to feel worried and anxious over the prospect of her surgery but I do believe it's a wise decision and everything should work out fine. If for one reason or another, your BF does not give you the comfort and support you badly need, so be it. At least you have DC members to give you the strength and courage to see you through.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:18 AM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanie525i
OK - Here we go - My mom is having surgery tomorrow to remove a part of her lung that has cancer. I am so worried and can not sleep...just wish I was not all alone right now.. I could use a great big hug and some company. I am upset that my so called BF could not even bother to offer to come over and told me that I was worrying about nothing and that everything would be fine...I truly hope it is a sucessfull operation...but can not believe he could not take the time to be here for me.
Honey,
some people are terrified of illness and do just aobout anything to avoid dealing with it.You accept it in them and forgive the fear or you just move on.I know his not being there hurts and it will alwaysirritate you unless he is able to get by it. Right now warm hugs are coming to you ..There are plans for you and your mom that you don't know about yet..Accept them as best you can, cherish these moments illness and all..Hang on to the love you have for your mom and God's will be done.
I'm here anytime you need a shoulder or a hug.
kadesma