"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #71
Master Chef

I will say my Rosary for your mom tomorrow and offer my Sunday Mass for her. God Bless you both.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:53 AM   #72
Sous Chef

Angry

Do not know what I would do without all your support - Saw mom last night and her pain is getting worse as she adjusts to the pain killers - Also her lung is still not healing but the HMO'S want her to be sent home in the next day or two regaurdless of her condition - They want to put a plug into the hole in her lung and send her home anyway - This is way too dangerous of a thing to do -She will have a nurse come to her house once a day and I am a nurse as well - Still do not agree with early dischrge - She did not even get out of ICU as of yet!!!!!! I am worried and MAD!!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2007, 10:58 AM   #73
Sous Chef

Thank you all for being here for me and mom - Karma coming your way for your kindness and support - God Bless - Irene
Old 01-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #74
Executive Chef

Reanie, I think you should talk to the supervisor and/or superintendentl and insist that your mum be allowed to stay until she is well enough to be discharged. Judging from her condition, she needs special attention and medical care in this critical stage. So do your level best to talk to him and hopefully something good will come out of it. I wish your mum a speedy recovery and to you the strength to cope with all this.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:24 AM   #75
Head Chef

Contact your local Hope Hospice Center and see what they can help you and your family with. They were a true blessing with my father.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #76
Sous Chef

OK - Just spoke to mom - they did surgery again this morning - they put in a plug/tube into her lung - It sticks out about 6 inches - it hurts just to see it - They are now keeping her till tomorrow - Am worried - She got up to go into the restroom which is only 5 feet from her bed and was out of breath - not good - am getting more worried and also angry at the HMO's with too much power - Maybe I should have waited to take that anger test on here - lol - At least I am smiling today though - Thanks to all of you -
Old 01-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #77
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
More and more hugs and prayers to you and your mom!!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:41 PM   #78
Head Chef

Your posts about your mum have left me totally shocked. I'm amazed at the hospital's behaviour. I hope everything goes OK. I'll be thinking about you both.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:25 PM   #79
Master Chef

oh, dear. i'm sorry. i'm gonna send you a message. hugs to you.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #80
Executive Chef

My father had the same problem with going to the rest room just five feet away. He needed oxygen after the bathroom walk. That was the first time I had ever seen my dads bottom because his hospital clothes had come open and I realized he was so strong to try to get to the bathroom, but he was actually very weak. I wish you and your mom the very best.