"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-13-2007, 11:02 AM   #81
Master Chef

Will continue to pray Irene.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #82
Sous Chef

OK - I need everyones prayers once again - My mom just started really feeling better after the lung surgery she had done in January - Able to breathe much better - Then she went for a colonoscopy and they found pre-cancerous cells - not good - but not really really bad - Then she went for a follow up check up and they discovered a tumor in her kidney - They can not biopsy as they feel if it is cancerous it will only speed up the spreading of the cancer - Because the tumor is so large they are removing the entire kidney - Anyone have any experience with this? God I need to quit smoking soon - Please pray for her to make it thru all this - The thought of loosing her is more then I can handle even thinking about!!!!!

Old 09-04-2007, 06:10 PM   #83
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Reanie - I am saying a prayer for your Mom and you. Take a deep breath sweetie. Just love her.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #84
Certified Pretend Chef

Your mom and you are in our thoughts. Doctors are doing great things in the battle against cancer these days.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:52 PM   #85
Executive Chef

Strength

My prayers of healing and strength are being asked on behalf of both you and your mother.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #86
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
Reanie - I am saying a prayer for your Mom and you. Take a deep breath sweetie. Just love her.
I am doing the same, Reanie.... Love her, but also, love yourself.

Hugs.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:57 PM   #87
Sous Chef

Kitchenelf,Andy M, In the Kitchen and Chef June - Thank you so much for your prayers and good thoughts - It means alot to me - Reanie
Old 09-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #88
Senior Cook

Reanie - I opened this thread today and though I don't know you, I immediately felt a desire to reach out to you, because my mom also had lung cancer and so this is near and dear to me. My heart and thoughts are with you and I wish you all the stength in the world to get through each day. I hope that with all the medical advances available and the love and support of you and your family that your mother will continue to be a suvivor and that you may enjoy and treasure each day together.

*hugs*

PS - you may have this already, I found it useful, maybe you will too. CancerCare.org

healthyfoodie
healthyfoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #89
Sous Chef

Reanie - I just saw this thread today for the first time. More prayers and healing thoughts are coming to you and your mother.

Cancer is such a frightening disease - but amazing strides are being made and medical science is incredible. The most important thing, after prayers, is a positive attitude. I just had this discussion with my daughter - her father (my ex) was just diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. The doctors are talking about treatments - and referals to a top university hospital with clinical trials. Her half brother is planning the funeral - . Sheesh!

Hold your mother close - say and do everything you can together! I'm sending positive thoughts, prayers, and hugs!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:36 PM   #90
Sous Chef

healthyfoodie and harborwitch Thank you for your support and concern - I will update this soon as we have more news and not very good but there is more hope!!!!!!