Recent booboo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
i am one of those people that just ignores little bumps and bruises, to the point that someone will exclaim where did the spots of blood come from, so i start checking my limbs for cuts. i was raised that if it isn't sticking out through the skin, you can walk it off.

currently i'm nursing a reinjured torn rotator cuff (from a surfing wipeout a few years ago), which made shovelling out this past weekend a lot of fun.

thank god for aspirin, and beer.

No blood, no foul. That's my rule in sports.

No cuss, no owie. That's the standard rule.

If I hurt myself enough to cause my language to deteriorate, I usually look into it and care for it properly. Having a high tolerance for pain doesn't cause that to happen often, though.

As for the rotator cuff, I've torn both, but not to the extent that surgery would prove helpful (according to the MRI, surgeon, and sports medicine doc). Doing chores like raking or shovelling snow do cause some pain in the cuff area after a while. Maybe I should get them rechecked. :huh:

LOL My kids at school want to go to the nurse for everything. They will come to me and say they are bleeding. I ask where and they show me a miniscule spot that I practically need a microscope to see. I tell them that when I was a kid our arms had to be practically hanging on by a thread and be pouring blood before we would even think to ask to go to the nurse!

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom