Recipes from the 2009 inaugural luncheon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PieSusan

Washing Up
"The Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies is offering the recipes from the 2009 inaugural luncheon as a free download. If seafood stew, duck breast with cherry chutney, herb roasted pheasant with wild rice stuffing, molasses whipped sweet potatoes, and winter vegetables followed up with cinnamon apple sponge cake sounds good to you, it's just a few recipes away." Thanks Mahalbrook.

http://inaugural.senate.gov/documents/doc-2009-recipes.pdf

It all sounds good! Thanks for sharing the link. I'm a sucker for duck; I may give that one a try!

Martha simulated the meal yesterday. I liked it all, except they did the duck rare. - No can do. I want mine cooked, thank you very much.

Curious whether you have ever tried it rare? I find it gets tough when cooked through. Some meats are meant to be rare, and none are ever meant to become the bottoms of shoes... :wacko:

Can't do rare - anything. Med. rare okay, but this was(looked uncooked in the middle) YIK!
I cook and eat roast duck, what, maybe 1/2 a dozen times a year, usually stuffed or spatchcocked and I cook it thru.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom