"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
View Poll Results: Is it rude to recline your seat in an airplane?
Yes 6 20.69%
No 23 79.31%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #51
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmax View Post
Very true. I do a lot of business class international travel for my company, particularly to Asia. Typical round trip airfare from the West Coast runs between $7000-$10000. But it is comfortable. Effectively private cubicles, seats that will lie completely flat, good food, really good wine.

Of note, the big US carriers have the worst accommodations. The big Asian and mid-East carriers are good, running to fabulous. I like British Airways as well, my favorite frequent flyer program.
I sure hear you there, max. As I said in this thread earlier, I've flown all over the world in economy on very long distance flights, a real killer on these old bodies by the way. Only because of our FFM's with British Airways we will be flying business class for the very first time next week, and I'll be like a kid in a candy store. I can't wait!!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #52
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I sure hear you there, max. As I said in this thread earlier, I've flown all over the world in economy on very long distance flights, a real killer on these old bodies by the way. Only because of our FFM's with British Airways we will be flying business class for the very first time next week, and I'll be like a kid in a candy store. I can't wait!!
Do you know what kind of aircraft you will be flying?

The BA 747s and 777s have 2-4-2 seating configuration (767 doesn't). The 2 seats on the window side of the aisles face opposite directions, one forward, one back with a partition between them.

But center seats are one forward, two back, one forward. The two center seats are like a separate compartment, perfect for a couple. If you can swing those seats you will really enjoy it. Attached is a pic of wife in I in these seats on our last trip to France.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paris and London 002.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	10873  

Old 05-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #53
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
You do know about the lounges for 1st and biz class, don't you? They are one of the perqs. I remember going to the SAS 1st class lounge at LAX in the late 60s. Good food, booze, comfy lounging area. Be sure to avail yourself of the lounge.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #54
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Do you know what kind of aircraft you will be flying?
If Kayelle is flying...I want a life preserver for the WHOLE trip.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #55
Master Chef

What a fabulous picture Max!!! Steve's away for the weekend, and he made the arrangements so I'm not sure about what seats he selected. All I know is it will be a pleasure to finally sleep in comfort!
Yup, I'm looking forward to those lounges TL!!

Old 05-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #56
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
If Kayelle is flying...I want a life preserver for the WHOLE trip.
Hey !!

Old 05-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #57
Chief Eating Officer

When I flew to Israel I brought a neck brace with me. I did not have neck problems at the time, but I used it as a neck pillow. I put it on when I wanted to sleep and it kept my head from flopping over. I never travel without it now.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #58
Head Chef

Quote:
Hey !!
Is your destination London?
Old 05-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #59
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
When I flew to Israel I brought a neck brace with me. I did not have neck problems at the time, but I used it as a neck pillow. I put it on when I wanted to sleep and it kept my head from flopping over. I never travel without it now.
They work well for a lot of people GB, not for me though. The foam is too hot for me and adds to my claustrophobia. Noise canceling headsets have the same effect. It's a wonder I fly at all, but I'm motivated by getting there the fastest way possible.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #60
Master Chef

Quote:
Is your destination London?
Los Angels to London, and the next day on to Rome.