Refrigerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took one on mine..My son's roomate is an appliance repair man and where he works it is $125.00 to walk in your front door. Before we had icemakers in the top freezer section and they went out about a year or so and was close to $200.00 to replace. Two different ref. this time I keep the policy in force.

Disaster!

i questioned whether I should share my disappointment with all of you but I am if anyone cares. The fridge was supposed to be delievered between 3:30 - 5:30. I took all the food out of the freezer and the fridge plus the oold one that wasn't working. They got here 4:15 which was fine. They said they could not get the one in kitchen down to the basement and the new one would not fit int the kitchen. They did not want to damage anything and said the old one could not be moved due to move of fridge in kitchen. Hope you understand all this. So they decided to leave both of the boxes new and one from kitchen in garage with both doors off and all the food without refrigeration. Panic. They advised me to go to store and get smaller box. We called one of our friends who took off molding and moved all of them and put doors on. Completed time was 9:30. I have no idea what is no good and what isn't. I called and spoke to Sears Delivery and they said they should have been told of all this. They will send technician out on Friday to level the box and also send me some matching paint to touch up where it is scratched. Also floor in garage is scratched and will have someone contact me. I asked if someone would move the old fridge that wasn't working. I tried to maintain some sort of civil tone since I was completely disappointed but figured must be some kind of test to see if I really can accept this. I just could not believe how this could cause all this trouble. I have it just about straightened out and wait till man to come to install icemaker and other one to balance boxes. I was so sure what you had all advised and then to have this happen. I could just cry but what good would it do? Thanks again and hope it works for while at least till I can afford to have serviceman.

Wow,ITK, no one should have to go through all that. You deserve credit for keeping your cool through it all.

Thanks Andy M

I just feel so persecuted at times. Thanks for having your understanding. It truly bothers me that I have to go all through this. I try my best to keep peace and this is what happened. I wouldn't go so far as to not recommend Sears as they have been around for such long time. I want to be familiar with some names when I make big purchase.

What Next?

the man was here to install icemaker. Said was simple job. Not with me! Now the lights are out and icemaker isn't working. What would you do? I did call the man and wait for his call but does everyone go through this when buying an appliance? Never used to be like this.

{{{{{{{{{{ITK}}}}}}}}}}

So, is it the new refrigerator that isn't working properly? If so I would demand a new one be delivered in its place. A friend went through the same thing with a dryer - oh, and put some kind of mark on the back with a magic marker or something. She did and guess what? They delivered the one she sent back and she said "I don't think so!!!!!!!)

I'm so sorry you have to go through all this. It should have been much easier. Sounds like our double oven - they had to deliver 3 different ones before THEY got the size right - they measured and everything!!!!

kitchenelf

You always make me feel better because you seem to KNOW and have had the same experience. Why? Doesnt this just wear you out? That would be my luck to have them bring the same one back. It is the new one that is giving me trouble. The man who installed the icemaker said to wait four days for ice tray to fill up. But the freezer light I have to call the store for repair. As you said it may get better but I really don't even want to touch it for fear something may stop or worse fall off. At least I am not alone with this. Sorry about your disappointment. We don't deserve this do we? Not when we try to make others stress free?

Here's how I look at it ITK - it's just a refrigerator - things will get straightened out with it eventually. It's not a life that was lost, it's not an fatal illness that someone you know and love has discovered they have - it's a refrigerator. The icemaker issue is right - they want it to make about 3 or 4 days of ice before you use the ice - just throw that ice out. It helps clean the line. We get used to things the way they are - something happens and they change - it is upsetting. My old washer was great - well, right up until it broke - the new one dances all over the laundry room - they are built so much lighter now that a heavy load makes it hop - I just slide it back in place and go on.

Things will work out with it ITK - it really does happen to a lot of people, not just us.

{{{{{{{{{{hugs to you}}}}}}}}}}

kitchenelf

thanks to you for helping me to live another day. It is just so frustratng since it is such important item in my life. No one else seems to understand. I feel like you helped me get back up and start looking at life as it truly is. Nothing like a life lost. Thank and hugs to you too.

Yes, it is important. But we will survive without it. It's amazing what we can do when we have to. We lose power so many times in the winter that now I just look at it as a good way to clean out my refrigerator LOL

This too shall pass ITK. If the problem is the refrigerator won't fit in the space they will exchange it for one that does. Like I said we had to have 3 different double ovens delivered before one finally fit. This is just what happens in life - we'll get you through this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom