"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 04-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
Master Chef
Relaxing Moment

While waiting for my DW to get ready, fired up DC. Siting here perusing the threads, comenting a bit here and there, and listening to Revival, by the Allman Brothers, does it get any better?

Well, there is fishing, but I don't have my license yet, and it's cold and rainy outside.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
Head Chef
Take em where you can get em ! :)

Saphellae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Head Chef
The only thing better would be if it were Neil Diamond cranked up.
joesfolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
I'm with you GW. Got a cup of tea, some chocolate covered raisins and my second "family" to chat with. Ahhhh!
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I'm with you GW. Got a cup of tea, some chocolate covered raisins and my second "family" to chat with. Ahhhh!
Just finished supper, nicely finished off with Luckytrims bread pudding for dessert. Now I'm relaxing with a glass of Noilly Prat and my friends here. Yes, Ahhhh.
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
Master Chef
As I read this, my husband had started a fire and then went up to bed (very common; he thinks he wants a romantic night in front of the fire, and gets so relaxed that I have to wake him and push him up the stairs) So much for geriatric love life. I sat on the couch for a bit, dozed for a few seconds with my new doggie. Got up, fire still there, and came here after finishing most of the kitchen duties (he does 80% of kitchen duties. Those who cook should not bear the burden of cleaning (a marital agreement), but I did scrub a few things he doesn't know how to handle, and put in to soak some things that were too hot to handle when he konked out.

Point being, I'm totally relaxed. I snoozed for a few minutes in front of the fire, and am having a glass of wine while I consider the next newspaper column I need to write.

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote