Remember This

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maidrite

Contest Winner
I was just watching "Scent of a woman" , I can't help it. I remember my brother and the good times we had then it dawned on me why this movie means so much to me, My brother was so much like Col. Jack Slade and I am so much like Charlie.
Frank was 13 years older than me and he was so happy that I happened along, because he already had three sisters by that time. I remember a time when he made the mistake of taking me fishing when I was 4. Every time he would bait the hook I would catch another bluegill. He tried to tell me there were bigger fish in the middle of the pond and I kept fishing 3 feet away where all the fish were :-p.
After about a hour of ME FISHING we decided to go to "The Canteen", for the best loose meat hamburger sandwich in the world and a coke.
Most of you know me as the guy with "Great BIG bold red letters"so I thought I would share a little more of myself with you all. I hope you know I am truely much more than just someone typing something miles away, I am your friend through all of my weaknesses I will alway be here for each and every one of you.
Just like Col. Jack Slade and Charlie had weak points so do I, I am willing to share them and all of my strong points too, Whatever they may be.
I will finish now that I have said my dollars worth, "Inflation" got to love it :mad:. Please excuse my Bold red letters and wasting of space at times and I will always be here to help if I can and to tell you all that you are not alone as long as I am still breathing.
You can call me Charlie if you like, just please bait my hook. ;)

May you be and always feel Loved and Blessed.

"HAVE A MAIDRITE DAY"

Attachments

• bob.JPG
    bob.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
I don't mind the big red letters, but we must talk about your movie choices.:-p

Great pic James!:cool:

Is that picture of you and Frank!? How adorable!! Frank has a bit of you in that pic! Thanks for the sweet story, and now we sort of get a glimpse of how you chose your handle;)

And yes, I love "Scent of a Woman" too!! (Just ignore MJ!!:glare: ) Definitely my favourite Al Pacino flick.

We are all blessed to have you as a friend James, thanks for being you!! And keep on typing away with that big red letters!!:-p

urmaniac13 said:
Is that picture of you and Frank!?
I'll go ahead and answer for James since he isn't at his computer. He is actually the older one in the picture and the boy is his nephew. This picture was taken about 13 or 14 years ago. We will have to find a picture of Frank and post it. I didn't know Frank very long, but he was a great guy.

:) Barbara

Barb,
I do believe James could post in stripes as big as a house and we would all respond. Where else are you going to find such a sweet, kind, gentle man?
Give him a hug for me.

kadesma:)

James - you are a dear! You AND Barbara!!! You write it whatever color and whatever size you want to - the bigger you write only means you mean it more!

expatgirl said:
Awesome!!!!!! and for those of us who are technically challenged (which means life in general) how do you type in red????????????
Hit the reply to a post box, then look at the header, you will see an A underlined, click on it and a diagram will come up with all different color, choose one and type away. That should give you a change of color.

expatgirl said:
Awesome!!!!!! and for those of us who are technically challenged (which means life in general) how do you type in red????????????
Expatgirl,

When you click on reply or quote and the dialogue box opens, look just above where you are typing. You will see a capital A. Click on the little arrow to the right of it and it will give you color choices. You can change your font and the size of your font just to the left of the color thing. Hope that helped.

kadesma said:
Hit the reply to a post box, then look at the header, you will see an A underlined, click on it and a diagram will come up with all different color, choose one and type away. That should give you a change of color.

LOL I keep stepping on everyone's toes as I post tonight!

Barbara L said:
LOL I keep stepping on everyone's toes as I post tonight!

Hey Barb,
wanna dance:LOL:
You didn't sep on my toes, at all.

kadesma

I feel so close to everyone here and am truely moved from all your kind words. I hope I can brighten at least one of your days James :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom