Remember this candy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raindance

Assistant Cook
There is a candy I use to buy as a kid in the 50's. I can't remember whether it was a penny or 2 for a penny. I have described it to several people who were kids during the penny candy era, but all of them have said they have never seen or heard of this candy. It was a sticky candy that came in a tiny metal cup that looked like one of those paper muffin cups with the ruffled edges. It came with a tiny metal spoon, and was in a wrapper. Does anyone know what I am talking about, and do you know the name of the candy?

I remember them ! They were a fudgy candy. I cut my tongue with that spoon the first time I had it. They were called "Something" Cups....can't remember...they came in chocolate, pink, and white..........and I think they were 2 cents...........

Wow, it's so good to know someone else remembers them. The only ones I saw in this area were white, or I guess clear candy. And thank you, DaveSoMD for the links, it will be fun searching those sites.

Doubt if I am supposed to double-post here, but I agree with luckytrim that the candy had cup in the name, so I went to the websites that DaveSoMD suggested and did a search. They didn't come up, but I'm not surprised because of the container and spoon being made of metal, no longer cost effective.

Looking at all of the old fashioned candy was like a stroll down memory lane.

Does anyone remember Squirrel candies? I see some imitation Squirrels at candy stores. They are not the same. (I had read that the Squirrel Nut Zippers the band had bought them out.) They used to be so good. Maryjanes, I didnt care for.

What about Icecube candies. i still buy those but hard to find. They are still made in Germany and melt in your mouth. Used to be 2 cents. Now, 50 cents a piece. I buy them at a candy store in a hospital in Detroit, at times. And, at a gas station at times. They used to be wrapped in blue metallic paper now they are gold metallic. Very high quality German chocolate. I dont share those..ha ha

Back
Top Bottom