Remembering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Remembering, A Moment of Silence

Those who served so I could live free. Thank you.

Thanks especially to my father, Joseph. Served in WW2 in the Canadian Navy. Gone now, but not forgotten.

If you post here, please try to remain non political. This is for remembrance only.

Last edited:
Both my grandfathers saw service. one came home.
My Grandmother who was an Army nurse and remained a shadow of the person she would have been otherwise.
My grandfather, whose farm kept many fed who would otherwise have gone hungry in WW2.

Thanks Alix

To my uncle who is gone now, my son, Marge's Paul,Alix's dad and to all who served so that we can live and be with our loved ones without fear. Bless you all:flowers: You are my heroes.
kadesma

Thank you to:

My grandfather who served in WWI
My father who served in WWII
Our son, Chris, a Marine during Desert Storm
Our son, Ryan, who served aboard the Eisenhower
To all those who served in the past and those who serve now!

Without all the brave service people we wouldn't have the freedom to make posts such as this.

God Bless America!

My Father, and Brother. To all who have lost someone in hard times.
To This Message Board which brings us all together. Bless You All ! :chef:

Attachments

• ATT00090.gif
    ATT00090.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 62
Thank you to all who have served. My Uncle Bob served in Korea. My nephew Justin served two times in Iraq where he nearly lost his arm.

Barbara

Remembering several uncles - some who survived, some who didn't and also a dear friend of my dad's who put his business in my dad's name so he wouldn't have to go to war and he went instead. My dad had 2 little girls, one was me.

I thank everyone who served in war and in peace. We wouldn't be the free people that we are today without you!!

In remembrance of my Grandfather Snarr, who served in the US navy during WWI.

In remembrance of my father, Jim White, who served in the US navy during WWII, and was in the first wave to land on Omaha Beach.

In remembrance of my father-in-law, Bill Rice who was a medic at Omaha Beach.

In rembrance of so many of my friends who were lost in Viet Nam.

And a special thought for every mother, lover, wife and child...to anyone, from any nation, who has lost a loved one(s) to war.

To my father who served in the U.S. Marines during WWII, now departed.

To all the great men and women that have put their lives on the line to give us freedom I would like to say thank you :flowers:

To my uncles who served in WWII, Benny, James, and Raymond and my father who served in the Korean and Viet Nam War. And to my brave Grandmother who had to see them off and not know if they ever would come home. You're right, Dove, to those who gave their tomorrows so we could have our todays.

In memory of my father, who served in a Highland Regiment in Korea, Aden and Palestine.

To my Uncle Alex, who served in the same regiment.

To my Uncle Robert - a prisoner of the Japanese at 19, and was forced to worked on the Burma Railway. He came back a broken man in his mid-twenties and was never the man he could have been.

To my Uncle Willie, who served in the Royal Navy and was torpedoed on the Murmansk Run and spent time in a German PoW camp.

'We shall remember them'.

Whenever I hear the lament 'The Flo'oers o the Forest' being played, I remember ALL the fallen, of so many nationalities. Young lives lost to us.

My grandfather Korean War Marine
My father Air Force Vietnam

Still aorund
My Uncle Gary Vietnam Marine
My cousin Gary Navy Persian Gulf War

Back
Top Bottom