Remodeling Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey andy,

remember when you got miffed at me for being pessimist about your redo.

now you have experienced what i was talking about. i am sure it will get finished sooner or later. just a big pain til it is.

babe:cool:

My own words coming back to bite me in the butt.:ohmy: Won't be the first time! :-p

Thanks for the reality check.

That's the downside. No matter how creative I may get with heat sources, cleanup is the drawback. Cutting boards just don't fit into the BR sink.

Rubbermaid makes a 15 quart dishpan. You can get them at Wal-Mart. They're pretty cheap, maybe 5 or 6 bucks. A couple of those, one to wash and one to rinse. :)

632408.gif

Rubbermaid makes a 15 quart dishpan. You can get them at Wal-Mart. They're pretty cheap, maybe 5 or 6 bucks. A couple of those, one to wash and one to rinse. :)

632408.gif

That is how I had to do the dishes when I was little, of course we put the dishpan in the sink, but maybe you could put them in the tub, or set up a table outside?

Servepro is here today to start the mold removal. They empty the attic, remove all teh insulation and blast the surfaces with dry ice which kills the mold on contact. Then they fog the attic to deal with airborne spores.

Later in the process, they bring in an ozone generator to kill any odor remaining in the walls, rugs, etc. from the mold.

Should be fun.

Servepro is here today to start the mold removal. They empty the attic, remove all teh insulation and blast the surfaces with dry ice which kills the mold on contact. Then they fog the attic to deal with airborne spores.

Later in the process, they bring in an ozone generator to kill any odor remaining in the walls, rugs, etc. from the mold.

Should be fun.

Post a report on Servepro. They're supposed to be #1 in the biz.

How old is your house? Have you done any other remodeling to it?

Mine is in need of a re-shingle, but we may put it on the market before that gets done. What did you choose for a roof?

I'm in a townhouse style condo. It's about 17 years old. I've been here for 9.5 years. This is the first remodel.

Just Shoot Me Now!

It is now day #23 without a kitchen!

The floor tile that was holding things up last week finally arrived and our contractor installed it Wednesday and Thursday.

He spent Friday morning getting ready for the counter top delivery scheduled for Friday afternoon. It arrived at 3:45 in the afternoon!

It left about 4:30 in the afternoon!

They had promised us a one seam installation. There were two seams and no explanation as to why. The one seam was in the wrong place, over the dishwasher, which is not allowed. We had ordered a 12"-14" lazy Susan to be made out of the sink cut out. They brought me a 10 inch square cutting board!

The contractor and I were both furious. They have to make us a new counter top. Who knows how long it will take!? In the interim, he has to find work and I have to deal with the lack of a kitchen.

My contractor goes on vacation in two weeks. If the counter top isn't installed and the job finished before he leaves, I have to wait until mid-August to get my kitchen back.

He helped me hook up the stove and move some stuff around to make the place livable in the interim.

At the same time, Comcast came to fix a connection in the attic, Serve Pro was there installing new insulation in the attic and the roofers were working on the chimney.

My grandson couldn't find a quiet place to take a nap and was very stressed out by all the commotion and noise. I was stressed feeling bad for him and all that was going on and going wrong.

Around 6:00 S.O. called to tell me her aunt had fallen down a flight of stairs and was on her way to the hospital. She passed away around midnight.

I've had enough.

Wow. Sounds like the fiasco my uncle had years ago with a family room remodel. Don't let the contractors get away with anything. Their favorite word is "extra$"

Sorry about the SO's aunt....:(

Andy that's TERRIBLE. That's terrible news about your SO's aunt.

Why is it that always seems to happen with remodels. Has anyone ever had one to go smoothly?

Well, the full moon was last night.
Jeez, sorry to here about your S.O.'s aunt.
All bad things in 3s. Your 3 are up.

Close your eyes, take a deep breath, count to ten, let
breath go, take another deep breath, and let it out
vocally.....AHHHHHHHHHHHH, shake your body head to toe.......................................
then, begin anew.

Go hug your grandson, go hug your wife and walk away from all that for a night. Go have an icecream cone.

I hope venting here helped. Vent anytime.

Andy I'm sorry, give your SO a great big hug for me and tell her, her Aunt and the family have my thoughts and prayers. Take that beautiful grandson, give him a lot of hug and kisses, look into those innocent eyes, you will feel at peace, believe me I do it all the time when bad things happen those babies can calm the world.Your kitchen will get done and you will enjoy it with no thought of the trouble it caused..
kades

Last edited:
It is now day #23 without a kitchen!

The floor tile that was holding things up last week finally arrived and our contractor installed it Wednesday and Thursday.

He spent Friday morning getting ready for the counter top delivery scheduled for Friday afternoon. It arrived at 3:45 in the afternoon!

It left about 4:30 in the afternoon!

They had promised us a one seam installation. There were two seams and no explanation as to why. The one seam was in the wrong place, over the dishwasher, which is not allowed. We had ordered a 12"-14" lazy Susan to be made out of the sink cut out. They brought me a 10 inch square cutting board!

The contractor and I were both furious. They have to make us a new counter top. Who knows how long it will take!? In the interim, he has to find work and I have to deal with the lack of a kitchen.

My contractor goes on vacation in two weeks. If the counter top isn't installed and the job finished before he leaves, I have to wait until mid-August to get my kitchen back.

He helped me hook up the stove and move some stuff around to make the place livable in the interim.

At the same time, Comcast came to fix a connection in the attic, Serve Pro was there installing new insulation in the attic and the roofers were working on the chimney.

My grandson couldn't find a quiet place to take a nap and was very stressed out by all the commotion and noise. I was stressed feeling bad for him and all that was going on and going wrong.

Around 6:00 S.O. called to tell me her aunt had fallen down a flight of stairs and was on her way to the hospital. She passed away around midnight.

I've had enough.

i am so sorry you are having such a bad time. it will be in the past soon.

babe:(

Andy I'm sorry, give your SO a great big hug for me and tell her, her Aunt and the family have my thoughts and prayers. Take that beautiful grandson, give him a lot of hug and kisses, look into those innocent eyes, you will feel at peace, believe me I do it all the time when bad things happen those babies can calm the world.Your kitchen will get done and you will enjoy it with no thought of the trouble it caused..
kades

Kades, you said a mouthful! All true.

Andy, sending hugs and good thoughts to you and to your SO.

I just got a call from my conractor.

The counter top supplier is receiving a new shipment of the countertop and the contractor wants us both present for the marking and cutting of the stone tomorrow! That's a lot quicker than I expected. Perhaps This will all be done this week!

I'm probably being too optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom