"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #41
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
hey andy,

remember when you got miffed at me for being pessimist about your redo.

now you have experienced what i was talking about. i am sure it will get finished sooner or later. just a big pain til it is.

babe

My own words coming back to bite me in the butt. Won't be the first time!

Thanks for the reality check.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire

umm, no andy. you left a pair of tongs in the toilet...

Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #43
Certified Pretend Chef

I wondered where they were!
Old 07-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #44
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
That's the downside. No matter how creative I may get with heat sources, cleanup is the drawback. Cutting boards just don't fit into the BR sink.
Rubbermaid makes a 15 quart dishpan. You can get them at Wal-Mart. They're pretty cheap, maybe 5 or 6 bucks. A couple of those, one to wash and one to rinse.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #45
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to GrantsKat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
Rubbermaid makes a 15 quart dishpan. You can get them at Wal-Mart. They're pretty cheap, maybe 5 or 6 bucks. A couple of those, one to wash and one to rinse.

That is how I had to do the dishes when I was little, of course we put the dishpan in the sink, but maybe you could put them in the tub, or set up a table outside?

Babymaker
GrantsKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #46
Certified Pretend Chef

Great idea, thanks for the tip. We have some plastic tubs that we could use.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:36 AM   #47
Certified Pretend Chef

Servepro is here today to start the mold removal. They empty the attic, remove all teh insulation and blast the surfaces with dry ice which kills the mold on contact. Then they fog the attic to deal with airborne spores.

Later in the process, they bring in an ozone generator to kill any odor remaining in the walls, rugs, etc. from the mold.

Should be fun.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #48
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Servepro is here today to start the mold removal. They empty the attic, remove all teh insulation and blast the surfaces with dry ice which kills the mold on contact. Then they fog the attic to deal with airborne spores.

Later in the process, they bring in an ozone generator to kill any odor remaining in the walls, rugs, etc. from the mold.

Should be fun.
Post a report on Servepro. They're supposed to be #1 in the biz.

How old is your house? Have you done any other remodeling to it?

Mine is in need of a re-shingle, but we may put it on the market before that gets done. What did you choose for a roof?
Old 07-14-2008, 10:17 AM   #49
Certified Pretend Chef

I'm in a townhouse style condo. It's about 17 years old. I've been here for 9.5 years. This is the first remodel.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #50
Certified Pretend Chef

Just Shoot Me Now!

It is now day #23 without a kitchen!

The floor tile that was holding things up last week finally arrived and our contractor installed it Wednesday and Thursday.

He spent Friday morning getting ready for the counter top delivery scheduled for Friday afternoon. It arrived at 3:45 in the afternoon!

It left about 4:30 in the afternoon!

They had promised us a one seam installation. There were two seams and no explanation as to why. The one seam was in the wrong place, over the dishwasher, which is not allowed. We had ordered a 12"-14" lazy Susan to be made out of the sink cut out. They brought me a 10 inch square cutting board!

The contractor and I were both furious. They have to make us a new counter top. Who knows how long it will take!? In the interim, he has to find work and I have to deal with the lack of a kitchen.

My contractor goes on vacation in two weeks. If the counter top isn't installed and the job finished before he leaves, I have to wait until mid-August to get my kitchen back.

He helped me hook up the stove and move some stuff around to make the place livable in the interim.

At the same time, Comcast came to fix a connection in the attic, Serve Pro was there installing new insulation in the attic and the roofers were working on the chimney.

My grandson couldn't find a quiet place to take a nap and was very stressed out by all the commotion and noise. I was stressed feeling bad for him and all that was going on and going wrong.

Around 6:00 S.O. called to tell me her aunt had fallen down a flight of stairs and was on her way to the hospital. She passed away around midnight.

I've had enough.