"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Rescue ink unleashed

From the title, I could not understand how they could get rescuing dogs from it. Previews on Dog Whisperer is supposed to be premier show tonight on National Geographic Channel. I cannot believe what these guys look like! They would scare me much more a dog. They are all big men who I could never associate with animals. This kind of show is something I am really looking forward to. Here in Missouri we are all finding out about these dogs that are raised to be fighting dogs. Humane Society rescued and now donations are being necessary to rehabilitate these dogs. If the dogs didn't fight they either let them be killed or else the owners did away with them themselves. Showed one dog with part of the nose and bottom lip gone from fight. I just question our society when these people are allowed to do this.

Anyway if this show is what I hope it is may it be a success. Just so the public becomes more aware of what people are capable of doing. If you do watch it. let me know how you feel about it. Thanks

Old 09-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Care?

Guess no one cares about abuse or stray animals on this site? After watching it so grateful people take time to think of others.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
Everymom

I think perhaps no one has seen the show ITK. I know I haven't, but I'm in Canada and our programming is often different.

I know as well we have lots of International members who might not have a clue about this either. Sorry!
Old 09-27-2009, 03:10 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I think perhaps no one has seen the show ITK. I know I haven't, but I'm in Canada and our programming is often different.

I know as well we have lots of International members who might not have a clue about this either. Sorry!
I am only too grateful when people who do any form of abuse are exposed, animals especially. I also figured National Geographic Channel was seen all over. One more reason to be thankful about, I got to see it.