"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #201
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J
Wow...I've read through this thread over the past couple of days - so many animal rescue folks here! Love the pics you all have posted.

Here is my boy, Ozzie. He will always be remembered - he was such a loving and loyal friend. He passed away in my arms last July, after almost 17 years. I think I may have put his pic up before but here he is again. He was an amazing fella. We got him from the animal shelter when he was just a pup.
What a cutie :) RIP

Old 08-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #202
Chef Extraordinaire

Cheryl, Ozzie is lovely, so sorry for your loss

Old 08-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #203
Chef Extraordinaire

What a stunning beautiful dog. I love his coloring. He looks like he had so much love to give.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #204
Chef Extraordinaire

He does, he looks very loving
Old 08-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #205
Master Chef

Thank you all so much for your comments...I'm startin' to get all teary eyed again. Chopper, it's funny....he used to always lay with his legs crossed like that! It was hard to lose him but on the other hand, he was one of the ones who had a great, long life with his original adoptive humans. Can't ask for much more than that.

I hope to get another dog someday.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #206
Chef Extraordinaire

So yesterday, I was coming off a massive migraine headache. I called my son to go to the store for me. Now normally, when he takes Teddy out, he has his own agenda of where he wants to go. Up Bryon Street, down the hill, a roll in the grass, and then around the corner to the front door. But my son justed wanted to get here. So he stops Teddy from going up Bryon Street and heads straight to my front door. Down goes Teddy's head and he starts to walk real slow. Dragging on the leash. Well, that wasn't working, so he lays down on the sidewalk. My son makes him stand up and start walking. Aha! I know what will get me my own way. He flops down on his side as if he was sick. Still not working to Teddy's liking. Now he flops down on his back with all four feet in the air. So my son says, "Want to go up the hill?" That dog sprang to life as if a miracle had occurred. But he got fooled. My son continued on the route he wanted to go. Directly to my door. So Teddy starts his routine all over again. By the time he was ready for the four feet in the air, they were at my door. He comes into the apartment and gives me a dirty look as if it was all my fault and heads right into the bathroom. Now I never close my bathroom door. Why should I? I live alone. All of a sudden I notice that the light from the bathroom is not shining out into the room. That liitle petulant, spoiled brat shut the door with his paw. Now it comes time for him to go home. He is not through showing us who is boss. My son calls him, whistles, calls, whistles. No response. He goes into the bathroom and shakes him. No response. Opens one eye and closes it again. Finally my son opens the exit door and Teddy dashes out of the bathroom. He is ready to go home.

Now you ask, why didn't he just pick the dog up? In my son's words, "He has four legs, I have only two." Such an angel!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #207
Chef Extraordinaire

That sure did give me a chuckle Addie
Old 08-11-2012, 01:22 AM   #208
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
That sure did give me a chuckle Addie
He is such a spoiled brat. He will actually sulk if he doesn't get what he wants. Hangs his head real low and drags himself along.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:52 AM   #209
Chef Extraordinaire

That is so cute really, it is amazing how much they really are like us

What type of breed is he Addie?
Old 08-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #210
Master Chef

Addie, Teddy reminds me of my little doggie (long gone) who hurt her leg once. It gave her a limp. But then she kept on limping and limping off and on. I took her back to our vet, who examined her, and asked if we picked her up and otherwise coddled her when she limped. Well, yes. "Nothing wrong with her, she's just working you. She limps, she gets a reward. Ignore it, it will go away." Yes, it did. She really knew that limping got her what she wanted.