Rescued Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday I went to take care of my ladies, and found a new doggie there. I think the dog's name is Teddy, and there are new pets there constantly (on of the professional caregivers is an animal lover, and both of the old gals love having new cats and dogs around the house). I'm never surprised to find a new pet. I prefer pets that I can pick up. This was a szhi tzu, I think. I think that because I looked down and immediately thought it was Toby. Then I did a double take and said, oh, gee, this is a puppy. Oh, is there anything better than a puppy or kitten? The primary care-giver knows me well, and was going to leave the doggie outside. I told her no, and took the puppy in and put her on my lap. He was a very, very good boy. These two ladies are quite old (80 and 82) and they aren't likely to see this puppy again. But it told them to put on a mean voice (someting a dog trainer told me when I had Rosebud problems). Anyway, young puppy was gnawing on my arm! I just crackled up. For these two ladies, it could be a problem. I just tapped him on his nose. I did it maybe twice. All the family animals know me, and I keep treats in my purse.

Yeah, I have to remember to remove dog treats from my scrub pockets or they go in the laundry.

Just added a new member to my family- apparently he and his brother were picked up on the side of the road and they are just skin and bones. They fed him for a month before giving him away. He hasn't stopped purring since we got him lol. Unfortunately our other cat hates him. It's strange, because Tiggers usually gets along well with other animals, even dogs. Something about this kitten just runs him the wrong way. They'll get used to each other tho. What should we name him?? He is 3-4 months old:

image-3197534095.jpg

image-62483682.jpg

image-1858781460.jpg

It's nearly impossible to get a good picture of this little guy, because he thinks if you're looking at him, he should be on your lap. And if he's on your lap, you should be petting him. And if you aren't petting him, maybe he should crawl up and rub against your face. He is a little love bug

Last edited:
Oh Skittle he is cute as can be! A name is not coming to mind as I look at the pictures. Maybe he will name himself soon. What a fun addition he will be. I hope Tiger gets used to him soon.

Pet names can be funny, in that you sort of have to name the pet to bond with her/him but then often think of a more appropriate name later. I have a friend who is somewhat of a pet hoarder (not really, but she does take in a lot of strays and loves certain breeds and buys into them meaning to breed). Anyway she found a cute kitten (yes, side of the road/parking lot dump) and said she was going to name her ginger. NO. She takes my advice seriously. I told her ginger cats are red. Strawberry blond. This kitten is smokey, with almost Siamese markings. Try any other name, but not ginger. (her name is now Bella).

It was one of those crazy mornings--snow, snow, snow. I had parked at the end of the driveway so I would not have to shovel (the girls needed feed--feed store closes at noon). Went out around 10:30 to go get feed...couldn't get up the new "ramp" that was added to my driveway when the city upgraded the road. Called a neighbour--he came and pulled me out...but, in the meantime, I called another friend to get her to get me a bag of feed. In between this happening, a German Shepherd showed up at my door. He was wearing TAGS on his collar (I love dogs with tags!). I lured him in to the basement, popped him in a crate, took off his collar and called. The first call went to voice mail...called the 2nd #. About an hour later, the roommate showed up to pick up the big guy. In the meantime, he got lots of dog cookies, water, and a Christmas bandana. I did my good deed for a dog that went as stray. And, I told his owner I was really happy to see a tag for a microchip, a tag for "who to call" and a tag for rabies where I could have called the vet clinic. I was not happy to see the friend toss the big guy in the bed of his pickup truck.

It was one of those crazy mornings--snow, snow, snow. I had parked at the end of the driveway so I would not have to shovel (the girls needed feed--feed store closes at noon). Went out around 10:30 to go get feed...couldn't get up the new "ramp" that was added to my driveway when the city upgraded the road. Called a neighbour--he came and pulled me out...but, in the meantime, I called another friend to get her to get me a bag of feed. In between this happening, a German Shepherd showed up at my door. He was wearing TAGS on his collar (I love dogs with tags!). I lured him in to the basement, popped him in a crate, took off his collar and called. The first call went to voice mail...called the 2nd #. About an hour later, the roommate showed up to pick up the big guy. In the meantime, he got lots of dog cookies, water, and a Christmas bandana. I did my good deed for a dog that went as stray. And, I told his owner I was really happy to see a tag for a microchip, a tag for "who to call" and a tag for rabies where I could have called the vet clinic. I was not happy to see the friend toss the big guy in the bed of his pickup truck.

If I can't come back as one of your chickens, I want to come back as a stray that finds you.

When I lived in Texas, you always saw folks who were going hunting with their dogs in the back of a pickup. And on Saturday night, you heard stories of how their dog got hurt or killed in the back of a pickup. These fools also let their children ride in the back of the pickup. Sitting on the wheel cover above the rim of the bed. In this state, that is now illegal for both. Animals and children. That's why the 'extended' cab was developed. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom