"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-17-2012, 05:01 AM   #311
Master Chef

OK, I'm tired and frustrated. Naw, not really. But Rosebud had her second seizure. We've had her for 18 mos or so. My husband found her spazzing out and picked her up and gave her to me (a real good reason to have smaller dogs). I babied her out of the attack. Because she had an attack once before, I just stopped and talked to my vet. Seems I lucked out and got another dog with epileptic tendencies. My husband swears he is never getting another dog. The fact is that he is the one who adopted Rosebud, not me. On top of it, guess who she wakes up in the middle of the night ... obviously, me. Well, it is O'Dark thirty, a load of laundry is done, Rosebud went outside and came back in, got a snack, and went back to bed. I on the other hand, am here writing. Bleah. Did get a couple of columns done. And I will stretch out the effing leg.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #312
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
OK, I'm tired and frustrated. Naw, not really. But Rosebud had her second seizure. We've had her for 18 mos or so. My husband found her spazzing out and picked her up and gave her to me (a real good reason to have smaller dogs). I babied her out of the attack. Because she had an attack once before, I just stopped and talked to my vet. Seems I lucked out and got another dog with epileptic tendencies. My husband swears he is never getting another dog. The fact is that he is the one who adopted Rosebud, not me. On top of it, guess who she wakes up in the middle of the night ... obviously, me. Well, it is O'Dark thirty, a load of laundry is done, Rosebud went outside and came back in, got a snack, and went back to bed. I on the other hand, am here writing. Bleah. Did get a couple of columns done. And I will stretch out the effing leg.
Sounds like DH is just a big softy. Give them both a big hug.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #313
Master Chef

Ya think? Our first doggie came to us because of me. I was living in a townhouse in Hawaii and my husband was gone a lot of the time, and I was home alone a lot. I told him I wanted a dog. We already had a cat, but things being what they were, I was really looking for both a companion, but also an alarm system, that a little dog would alert me when someone approached the house. I looked and looked and looked some more. At the time Hawaii's quarantine laws were prohibitive, and every time I'd go to the humane society, they'd try to convince me that a 40 pound puppy with huge paws was a small dog (town house, remember). So I just happened to walk into a pet store for some kitty litter and found this little dog that I knew was perfect. Bad timing, absolutely perfect dog. It was my husband's first dog. When both she and her daughter died (old age), I wanted to be pet free for a couple of years, but when my husband saw Rosebud in a photo the local shelter put out, that was that. They have a heavy screening policy, so when they checked our references and we went to get her, she jumped into husband's waiting arms. We had difficulties for the first few months, but she is ours and we love her (and the feeling is returned).
Old 10-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #314
Sous Chef

A few days ago I went and replaced a few of my lost tabby posters that had fallen down, and today I received a fresh tip!! It's in the same general direction as the last tip, and seems a lot more reliable. If its my kitty, he has been hanging around this abandoned shed, at the end of a dead end. The guy said he's seen him about once a week for a month now, usually in the early morning. So I'm going to go look for him again at 7:30 tomorrow morning if I don't find him tonight (I already went and looked between classes today). I asked the guy to try to catch him if he sees him again, and he said he would try. Fresh hope!!! I really hope I get him back this time... I might make mailbox hangers and put them on some mailboxes in the neighborhood... People don't always look very close at posters. Even though I put them up with blaze orange duct tape lol
Old 10-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #315
Chef Extraordinaire

Skittle I hope it is your kitty. But if it turns out not to be your kitty, are you willing to take him in? Sounds like an abandoned cat if it isn't yours. In need of a good home.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #316
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
Skittle I hope it is your kitty. But if it turns out not to be your kitty, are you willing to take him in? Sounds like an abandoned cat if it isn't yours. In need of a good home.
That's a good thought. If it's not my kitty, and the cat is friendly (as in, able to be caught), I will certainly take him/her in and make some found kitty posters. I'm glad you suggested that.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #317
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
That's a good thought. If it's not my kitty, and the cat is friendly (as in, able to be caught), I will certainly take him/her in and make some found kitty posters. I'm glad you suggested that.
I can understand if it is a feral cat. They can be hard to turn into a pet. Good luck.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #318
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

I can understand if it is a feral cat. They can be hard to turn into a pet. Good luck.
Hard to catch, and harder to turn into a pet. But if we will see. Hopefully it's just my cat! That would be so amazing!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #319
Sous Chef

Well, no luck finding the cat, but since this guy said he's been in the area for weeks, I started knocking on doors. 3 other people claim to have seen him, and I handed out 15 slips with my name and number. Hopefully something comes of it... I'm going to go back to the spot that seems to be his home base closer to dusk, and again in the early morning. Man I hope it's him...
Old 10-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #320
Chef Extraordinaire

Have you considered putting some food near the shed where he is spotted most? He just might come out of hiding and come for it while you are there.

You realize you have me caring about this cat along with you.