"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #341
Executive Chef

Oh Skittle I hope you can catch your kitty! Did I mention that once we did catch our cat it sounded like he was in pain he was yelling so loud. He wasn't hurt, just traumatized I guess, but really bad spuds coming from the trap.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #342
Chef Extraordinaire

My son Spike just left. He had to do Cat Patrol today. There is a building that he oversees. Right now they are in the middle of gutting it. Sometime about 18 days ago, when the workers were in there, a cat went in. they locked when they finished and never noticed the cat. The woman across the street noticed the cat sitting in the window. Nobody had been working there for over a week. She called Animal Patrol, but the man could not get in the building. So he left a notice on the door.

Well after everyone had been notifed about the notice, my son went up and bought a can of cat food and a pint of milk. He unlock the building and opened all the doors. The cat was skittish at first but he ran outside and started to tear open a plastic bag of rubbish that had food in it. He started to gnaw on some chicken bones. My son put down the cat food and he was gulping it down. When my son went to give him the milk, he ran under a car, so my son put the cat food and milk under there. He took pictures so the Animal Control can see that the cat is now out of the building. It is a Sylvester type of cat. Hopefully it is someone's cat and they will see it and take it in. the cat had been in the building for 18 days with no food or water. Hopefully, if no one in the neighborhood can claim the cat, Animal control can catch it and give it shelter.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #343
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
18 days! Oh the poor kitty. Water is always the bigger need in that kind of situation. He may have found some small critters to eat.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #344
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
18 days! Oh the poor kitty. Water is always the bigger need in that kind of situation. He may have found some small critters to eat.
When my son told me that, my heart just about broke. He drank up that milk like it was gold. He took in the whole pint.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #345
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

In case that happens again, maybe leave at least one faucet dribbling with a bowl underneath. Cats are amazing at getting in to places where they shouldn't.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #346
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
In case that happens again, maybe leave at least one faucet dribbling with a bowl underneath. Cats are amazing at getting in to places where they shouldn't.
A friend of mine's tomcat was missing for exactly two weeks. When he came home, he was a blur that headed straight for the water bowl. We think he got locked in someones garage while they were away on a two week vacation. He was also very dusty.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #347
Chef Extraordinaire

Awwww the poor thing...so glad he came home though
Old 11-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #348
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
There arre no services to the building. It is being completely gutted. The water and the electricity are shut off from outside. Ths building has been sitting empty for a number of years. It was condemed a numer of years ago and was scheduled to be torn down. Martin bought it and is fixing it up as two apartments. My son does contracting work for Martin.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #349
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Then maybe checking the building once a week or leave an upstairs window open by 3 inches. Have to be better than cleaning up a starved cat.

Or install a one way kitty door.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #350
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Then maybe checking the building once a week or leave an upstairs window open by 3 inches. Have to be better than cleaning up a starved cat.

Or install a one way kitty door.
My son spoke to John, the contractor that is doing the work. He told him to search the building whenever he is not going to be there for a length of time. The only windows not boarded up are on the third floor. And my son will be notified when no one is going to be working there for a while so he can go and check to see that no one has broken in. Or any animals are in there. John should have notified my son that they were going to stop work for a few weeks. There are expensive tools and other supplies left there. Any thing stolen that has to be replaced will be charged to the job. Martin (the owner) may be wealthy, but he is not stupid.