Resignation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DawnT

Sous Chef
RESIGNATION

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant. :chef:

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks.

I want to think M&Msare better than money because you can eat them. :-p

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hotsummer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple, when all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes,but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair.

That everyone is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.

I want to live simple again.

I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, :wacko:

mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow. :angel:

So . . . here's my checkbook and my car keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause........

....."Tag! You're it."

Thanks. You made me laugh.

A few years ago I lived as a successful adult. Long days, a ton of stress, a complex existence, with little time to enjoy the journey of life.

A variety of circumstances caused me to change. I resigned from the treadmill of adulthood.

Simple is better. Celebrate it!

Sure we can play hopscotch!! We'll play in the basement, I'll provide the sidewalk chalk and stones. ;)

I'd LOVE to be a kid again, but not go through the beatings and cruel dinosaur disipline rituals that we've had to endure as kids!!

OK, now your parents will tell you what to wear.

You will eat whatever lousy food is on your plate or else.

You will go to bed when you are told.

You will have little or no privacy.

And I could go on.

Nope, being a kid was being a kid.

But I think about being a kid vis-a-vis being an adult, I will choose being the grown-up.

I would love to be a kid again as long as it is somewhere else with different parents! Of course if you ask DW she says I am just one big kid and never grew up, she thinks half the toys the kids have were really for me!!
Let's all go on strike!

No beatings, I promise.

Yeah, if we even LOOKED at our parents the wrong way, they gave us a beating. We weent to bed without doing a chore or without taking a bath, they woke us up with a beating!

If I had any kids, I'd NEVER beat them at all! Kids today have it made in the shade.

Back
Top Bottom