Restaurant Rant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) I also have had many disappointing meals it seems they are getting worse. I once ordered a tequila oops I mean Acapulco shrimp pasta the shrimp was not even peeled and so tough I could not even pull it apart I complained but by then I was so peed off I did not want anything else. I did not mention I was the chef at the small hotel next door at the ski area I worked at. I have actually had bad hamburgers at some places. I mean how do you screw up a hamburger? If a place can't make the basics what can they do? I have also loved certain restaurants that were very good and then lost their consistency. We live so far from town 45 miles that there is no place worth driving to to eat dinner here. I rather spend the extra money and get quality meats and seafood by mail order if I hafto and cook it my self . The rare chance I get to Santa Fe it can be pretty good at the nicer places and the regulars places and but I think Taos has some really fantastic places to eat. But I have to admit when by chance I find that hole in the wall place there is nothing better than that. I could care less about the stacking and garnishing and all the other BS if it is good it's good and if it's really good you want more even when your full. Then what more could you want? I rather sit on the dirt and have something that blows my mind rather then a sit down linens table with fancy wines.

You can't post bad restaurant reviews on that site, my post was deleted immediately.

I posted on tripadvisor instead.

On Chowhound?

Oh yes you can. I've done it and read them every day. Stories just like yours. There had to be some other reason it was deleted.

Chowhound is one of the very best places to post things like that because it is populated by real foodies who eat out A LOT and are very interested in restaurant chatter. Local chatter. Way better that Trip Advisor.

I have friends here who own restaurants and they read Chowhound religiously to see what people are saying about their places.

Yelp is very good too, but not interactive like Chow

I'd be livid, Jeeks - I'm sure you paid a fortune for that meal.

I would write them in the "Contact Us" section of the website you posted, and I would write a review on some website such as this one Ombra, Atlantic City - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor. I'm a huge fan of Trip Advisor. I realize that I have to take some reviews with a grain of salt, but when you have a bunch of people saying the same things, you take heed.

Lee

They already posted my review. Thanks for the link, Lee.

Since Jersey isn't a part of Canada we call it many other things. I've never heard someone from here call it that.

The way that french people drive here in Montreal you'd think we'd have thought of something similar...

Back
Top Bottom