RIP Bush 41

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Former President, George H. W. Bush, passed away on November 30, 2018 at the age of 94. This post is not meant for a discussion of his politics, but to recognize someone who served his country with dedication for decades and score. A WWII Navy pilot, a congressional representative, various governmental positions of importance, and president. He served his country with dedication.

George H. W. Bush / The White House

My favorite memory? Of him sky diving to celebrate his 90th birthday! Crazy? Or adventurous? I vote "crazy". :LOL:

What I find lovely is that he was married to Barbara for 73 years. That, in it self, is an amazing accomplishment.

Buck and I were married for 32 years before he died. I would've loved to have had more years with him.

That, in itself, is a fantastic thing!

What I find lovely is that he was married to Barbara for 73 years. That, in it self, is an amazing accomplishment.

Buck and I were married for 32 years before he died. I would've loved to have had more years with him.

That, in itself, is a fantastic thing!
I agree. They had a true love story [emoji813] DH and I are about halfway to 73 years of marriage :wub:

And yes, he was a dedicated public servant.

I just heard a story about when Bill Clinton had beat HW and took over the White House. He found the the entire White House was tidied up, and a hand written note was left in the Oval Office from George, Sr. congratulating him on the victory. There was some words of wisdom, some words of encouragement, and general good wishes.

What a class act.

On the other hand, when Clinton left the office, his staff removed all of the Ws from the keyboards in the White House, so his successor, George W. Bush's name couldn't be spelled out.

I guess it's too much to ask to simply remember a life well lived without taking a dig at someone else. Something George Sr. would most certainly not have done.

It was a beautiful service for a great man. I lost it when Bush broke down at the end of his eulogy for his father. :cry:

Last edited:
I guess it's too much to ask to simply remember a life well lived without taking a dig at someone else...
It's not really a dig, bucky's just recounting something that did occur. I thought it was funny, actually. Mean, but funny. Clinton, on the other hand, was much more courteous than his staff. His note to Bush 43 was just as warm and welcoming as the letter he got from Bush 41. This CNN article from a year ago shows copies of the last four letters to the newly minted president. Looking at the handwriting on three of the letters, Bush 43's looks like that of a doctor, Clinton's looks like a junior high girl's (but I'll admit it's hard to write when you're a lefty - my Mom's writing wasn't much better), and Bush 41's looks a lot like mine! :ohmy: Still trying to interpret why Obama's was typed. Is his handwriting that bad? Or did a tactful staff member compose it? :cool:

It's not really a dig, bucky's just recounting something that did occur. I thought it was funny, actually. Mean, but funny. Clinton, on the other hand, was much more courteous than his staff. His note to Bush 43 was just as warm and welcoming as the letter he got from Bush 41. This CNN article from a year ago shows copies of the last four letters to the newly minted president. Looking at the handwriting on three of the letters, Bush 43's looks like that of a doctor, Clinton's looks like a junior high girl's (but I'll admit it's hard to write when you're a lefty - my Mom's writing wasn't much better), and Bush 41's looks a lot like mine! :ohmy: Still trying to interpret why Obama's was typed. Is his handwriting that bad? Or did a tactful staff member compose it? :cool:

Thank you. Yes, Quite funny, but childish.

GGB might do well to take a page from your gracious book.

BTS post I found amusing. Doesn't seen to be too much humour around here. I do follow merican politics and CNN and fox.

Russ

For humor, watch MSNBC. Then Fox.

Then CNN, then BBC, then repeat.

It'll make your head spin.

At some point, you have to do what you believe is best for our country. Hopefully not following the singular marches of inadequacy.

Last edited:
"This guy's a class act...
OK, I did read that sentence.
...That guy, on the other hand, isn't."
Huh, just had my eyes checked on Tuesday. Doc said they are fine, no changes since my last check-up (May of 2013...:whistling: ). Somehow, though, I just don't see that second sentence.

I'd just like to mention that I never did take BT's comment to be a slight on the outgoing president. I never read it that way. I guess it's all just each person's perception, eh? ;)

Back
Top Bottom