RIP Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, & MJ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
We lost two great entertainers this week. RIP.
I hope there is not a third.

Edit to add: unfortunately the third came shortly after. Michael Jackson is dead too.

Last edited:
I always really liked both Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett.

There was a 20/20 episode planned for tomorrow night about Farrah, on ABC. I'm sure they will still show it, along with a special tribute.

:flowers:Barbara

I'm sadden that Farra Facet died though, I really thought she was very pretty and she roasted Flave, and Captain Kirk :), Anyways I don't remember ed all that much but he was a money man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ed was no surprise since we knew he was getting up there in years and had health problems. We also knew Farrah was struggling with cancer. Micheal was more of a shock. I always enjoyed his music and followed his early career. (He's my age as is Donny Osmond so I related as a teen!) I hope that now his music will be remembered more than his foibles.

I also was shocked to hear about Michael Jackson's death. Although I wasn't a fan of his, I was a fan of The Jackson Five when I was a kid.

I wan not shocked at all by Michael Jackson and his death. He was one just waiting to happen.

I can't believe that Michael Jackson is dead.

Although I am not a fan of him but I have heard so many stories and gossips and seen so many worshiper of Him from my childhood that he became some one more than human in our mind.

I am very sorry that he died so early.

Its a sad week for all.
I had been saying to my husband that normally when someone dies in Hollywood (stars) that normally it comes in 3's & then MJ died so it came true.

I feel sorry for MJ's children as they are so young.
May angels watch over them all.

I feel sorry that MJ's death made everyone else's seem to just disappear. I'm glad I'm not one of McMahon's or Fawcett's loved ones to see them just ... poof!

Reminds me of the year that Mother Theresa and Princess Di died within days of each other. Whose funeral got the most press?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom