RIP, Joan Rivers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She was quite a character to be sure and I feel for her daughter and grandson. When she was moved out of ICU yesterday, I knew the time had come for her to be set free.

I'm seriously wondering why someone who could afford the best medical care, would choose a clinic rather than a hospital for a serious procedure? The way I understand it, they didn't have the equipment to save her, and by the time the paramedics arrived too much time had passed for the chance of a good recovery.

She probably did it on the advice of her doctor. I've had those types of procedures at my GI doctor's endoscopy suite, but it's right across the street from a hospital. He employs an anesthesiologist there at the clinic.

That's too bad. I remember watching her back when she was a regular on Johnny Carson. I don't think I've seen her on anything in the last 10 years. Maybe I'm just not watching the right channels.

Lover her or hate her, she was a trailblazer. She and Phyllis Diller took on male dominated stand up comedy and took America by storm. Definitely a great loss.

That's too bad. I remember watching her back when she was a regular on Johnny Carson. I don't think I've seen her on anything in the last 10 years. Maybe I'm just not watching the right channels.

In the past decade or more she hasn't done much stand up, but has focused on her jewelry line on QVC, being the host of Fashion Police (on E!, I think) and she also had a Youtube show "In Bed With Joan" where she brought funny people into a bed and interviewed them.

While much of Joan River's "humour" was not my favourite, I did admire her in many ways. She had some tough times in her life and was a strong woman. My heart goes out to Melissa and her son.

Baby Bro knew her personally, when he was an executive producer for QVC. I don't recall how he felt about her. I did like some of her jewelry line, along with her comedy!

Last edited:
Loved her, most of the time. She was so funny, but could often be cruel, too! She is a loss.

I love this: “When I die (and yes, Melissa, that day will come; and yes, Melissa, everything’s in your name) I want my funeral to be a huge show biz affair with lights, cameras, action …
“I want Craft services. I want paparazzi. I want publicists making a scene! I want it to be Hollywood all the way. I don’t want some rabbi rambling on; I want Meryl Streep crying, in five different accents. I don’t want a eulogy; I want Bobby Vinton to pick up my head and sing “Mr. Lonely.”
I want to look gorgeous, better dead than I do alive. I want to be buried in a Valentino gown and I want Harry Winston to make me a toe tag. And I want a wind machine so that even in the casket my hair is blowing like Beyonce’s.”

I saw her recently on one of the Jimmy shows after 11:30PM. She was as quick and as cutting as ever. She really had me going.

I saw this on FB this afternoon.....

Attachments

• 10603261_625303394258718_4541711263634023722_n.jpg
    10603261_625303394258718_4541711263634023722_n.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 140
Back
Top Bottom