"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-10-2006, 10:43 AM   #11
Head Chef

That's why I park both of my cars far away from anyone else. I figure the walk will do me good, and nobody else wants to park in East Bumblenowhere.

Of course, that didn't work for my brother-in-law. He parked his BMW in a parking lot at the plant that isn't used much anymore and put the bright blue cover on his car. It was the only car in the entire parking lot, parked right in the middle (this is a government nuclear weaponry plant. Big place) and an 18-wheeler backed into him.

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:50 AM   #12
Executive Chef

18 wheeler?

Do you believe it? This is one for the books. someone should write your brot her in law's story. I bet he was mentally drained. I would not be able to move from t he spot. phinz you just can't win. This is the worst one I have heard. I am sure sorry. Only car on the lot? Bet he walks more now doesn't he?

Old 01-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #13
Head Chef

He actually just started parking it in the far corner of the lot, away from any kind of traffic. The semi bashed in the driver's side door pretty severely, but the trucking company paid for the fix and a complete repaint, so the car looked better than it did before. My sister-in-law drove it from 2002 up until she got her '05 330is and now my niece drives it.

He's a bundle of accidents. He rides a motorcycle, but doesn't injure himself until he gets on a mountain bike (broken ribs, a concussion and a stick through his arm the last two times). He's always doing something to hurt himself. I guess his car getting hit was an extension of that.

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:45 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Poor Guy

Bet your sister likes to drive when she is with him. How sad. I just thought at least the guy wasn't in it! We can look at these situations and know there is someone watching over us and trying to give us some kind of message. Does he feel jinxed about it? I feel so sorry for him and the family. Always worry. Some people just live to the minute. He sounds like it. Had friend who did that . He passed away t his year when he was flying his plane. Wasn't a big plane but small one. He was one of those guys who thought nothing could happen. Such a nice guy too. Now his wife can't accept it. Really loved each other. Just hope your brother in law has lot of luck and prayers. As I said he must have someone watching out for him. Take care.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinz
That's why I park both of my cars far away from anyone else. I figure the walk will do me good, and nobody else wants to park in East Bumblenowhere.
What really chaps my hide is when someone who thinks their car is better than everyone elses parks in 2 spots. It's those cars that I just want to walk up to and run a key along side it. Not that I ever would but it just makes me so darn mad!
Old 01-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #16
Chief Eating Officer

Same here Home chef. I would never key someones car, but I almost feel those people deserve it. That gets me so angry. I have considered leaving notes on cars of people who do that, but it wouldn't matter so why bother. It would not change their selfish habits.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

I have frequently wished for a flamethrower on the front of my Jeep. Just a push of a convenient button and poof! -- problem solved.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #18
Executive Chef

flamethrower?

What movie did you see? Or do you really have one? Sounds like it would solve the problem. When I first started driving had what my brother called 'junker' car was brown but had green door. As long as it got me there that is what I wanted. Seems people used to try to avoid parking next to me due to the appearance of the car. Am I missing something? If I drove one again would I have the same treatment? Like when I run out in sweats vs. when I wear dress? People sure act different. Kind of bothers me that they do this. I just wish things would have respect of others in their life. Glad you feel this way too. Evidently I am not the only one since they got this offer for Road RAge Cards. I'll let you know if someone shows one to me. I try to be perfect!!! Ha Ha At least I show respect for others, way I want them to do to me. When someone gives me break I acknowledge with wave of my hand. Try to encourage the jesture. Be safe.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:14 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Yikes! I was just kidding, ITK. Much safer to mentally flame those who irk me than otherwise.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #20
Executive Chef

I thought so

mudbug I thought you were kidding but good idea. I have seen some strange things happening and I often why? One thing pushing someone's button doesn't take much today. you want to think people feel the same as you but not true. Thanks for clearing it up! Did you hear about the family that had their mother upstairs for two years and she was dead? After that long her sister wanted to see her. She t old her family she didn't want to be bothered. Extreme? Oh she still had the tv on.