"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-09-2006, 10:09 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Road RAGE

I got to tell you! Did any of you see the road rage cards they were talking about on Paula Zahn show? They are perfect. I just can't believe someone actually took the time to make them. Some of the comments are what I actually say to myself in the car when someone won't move with a cell phone in their ear at a green light!!!! Does that bother anyone else? I know they are $19.99 but imagaine the satisfaction you get from having someone know what you are thinking! I have already thought of getting a megaphone to let them know. Really bothers me when they are in the passing lane and going 40??????? Guess the cops don't mind them. Do I sound like I am frustrated? I don't put the metal to the pedal I just don't hear the conversation that is going on with the person on the phone. They say like someone driving under the influence when they are involved in talking. Brains aren't on driving.

Old 01-09-2006, 01:25 PM   #2
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
These sound awesome!!!! Know of a link where I can view them?

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:47 PM   #3
Executive Chef

shannoninKS

My son just told me to go to roadrage.com. He said that is where he got them. You will be shocked about some of the messages. But that is what you got to do today is shock people. No wonder everyone got blood pressure problems. Trying to get to my doctor today was a challenge in itself. Not to mention putting up with the people. Wouldn't let me back out of the parking spot. Wish I would have had the cards. URRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 01-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
Senior Cook

LOL, those are funny, but thats the kind of thing that would get you "shot" or "followed home".....

I just say all the same things under my breath, and hope they have a rotten day!
#1 Rule for Dieting.....If it "Tastes Good"...Spit-it-OUT!!
TexasTamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
Executive Chef

hmm seems like flipping through that book, trying to drive while looking for the right insult may get you into an accident. I'm with TexasTamale on this. Having kids in the car doesn't entice me to yell at people either. Don't get me wrong though, I hate people driving in the fast lane when they are driving so slow they might as well be going backwards. And I hate that nobody, not even cops, uses their turning signals anymore! Like America has gotten so lazy they can't even reach that little switch two inches away from their hand.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:57 PM   #6
Executive Chef

That is great, and just the thing I've been thinking of for years. And the reversable part too! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-09-2006, 11:57 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Raine

Gets to you too? Society is so sad and the only ones that it doesn't bother are the ones doing it. They don't mind other people on cell phones probably mimic the practice without thinking about it. Just bothers me when they stop for electric light and stay there when it turns green. I wish I could just step on the gas and explain the light turned green and I thought that meant go. Oh, I apologize for my feelings. If only it wouldn't happen every every day. Like faucet dripping enough is enough. Sorry they bother you too Raine. You don't deserve it.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:11 AM   #8
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
Just bothers me when they stop for electric light and stay there when it turns green. I wish I could just step on the gas and explain the light turned green and I thought that meant go.
I am the worst about this one! With a child in the car, too, I don't really get too animated. But my daughter hears, "hellllllloooooo, green means GO!!!" many times! And why is most people don't use blinkers, but the guy in front of you has his blinker on for 23 miles?!?! It is the crappy drivers that really make me angry when you have kids in the car, i.e. a semi tailgating when you have a baby in the backseat. I have an intersection by my house that has yield signs, that NO ONE ever stops at. I can't remember how many times I have about been ran into. Ok, I am done venting, on with the day. Oh, and I am gonna go get a laugh at that website, thanks!

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:15 AM   #9
Head Chef

Just remember: Everyone faster than you is a maniac, and everyone slower than you is an idiot.

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #10
Executive Chef

phinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinz
Just remember: Everyone faster than you is a maniac, and everyone slower than you is an idiot.
That sounds like a road rage card! You could make your own. put that in your window. Oh, what about the people who bang the side of your car when they get out and don't care if you are in it or not? They just give no indication that they did. It doesn't happen often but when it does, I don't forget it. One time I got out and asked if he knew he hit the car? He just laughed and said get over it. wow was that a slap. Get over it! Resent that comment I find myself saying it when I get upset with someone. Funny isn't it? It does make me feel relieved when I say it. But who likes to hear it? Do I sound like I am talking to myself? Sure am.