Road RAGE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
I got to tell you! Did any of you see the road rage cards they were talking about on Paula Zahn show? They are perfect. I just can't believe someone actually took the time to make them. Some of the comments are what I actually say to myself in the car when someone won't move with a cell phone in their ear at a green light!!!! Does that bother anyone else? I know they are $19.99 but imagaine the satisfaction you get from having someone know what you are thinking! I have already thought of getting a megaphone to let them know. Really bothers me when they are in the passing lane and going 40??????? Guess the cops don't mind them. Do I sound like I am frustrated? I don't put the metal to the pedal I just don't hear the conversation that is going on with the person on the phone. They say like someone driving under the influence when they are involved in talking. Brains aren't on driving.

shannoninKS

My son just told me to go to roadrage.com. He said that is where he got them. You will be shocked about some of the messages. But that is what you got to do today is shock people. No wonder everyone got blood pressure problems. Trying to get to my doctor today was a challenge in itself. Not to mention putting up with the people. Wouldn't let me back out of the parking spot. Wish I would have had the cards. URRRRRRRRRRRRR

LOL, those are funny, but thats the kind of thing that would get you "shot" or "followed home".....

I just say all the same things under my breath, and hope they have a rotten day!:LOL:

hmm seems like flipping through that book, trying to drive while looking for the right insult may get you into an accident. I'm with TexasTamale on this. Having kids in the car doesn't entice me to yell at people either. Don't get me wrong though, I hate people driving in the fast lane when they are driving so slow they might as well be going backwards. And I hate that nobody, not even cops, uses their turning signals anymore! Like America has gotten so lazy they can't even reach that little switch two inches away from their hand.:mad:

Last edited:
That is great, and just the thing I've been thinking of for years. And the reversable part too! Thanks for sharing!

Raine

Gets to you too? Society is so sad and the only ones that it doesn't bother are the ones doing it. They don't mind other people on cell phones probably mimic the practice without thinking about it. Just bothers me when they stop for electric light and stay there when it turns green. I wish I could just step on the gas and explain the light turned green and I thought that meant go. Oh, I apologize for my feelings. If only it wouldn't happen every every day. Like faucet dripping enough is enough. Sorry they bother you too Raine. You don't deserve it.

In the Kitchen said:
Just bothers me when they stop for electric light and stay there when it turns green. I wish I could just step on the gas and explain the light turned green and I thought that meant go.

I am the worst about this one! With a child in the car, too, I don't really get too animated. But my daughter hears, "hellllllloooooo, green means GO!!!" many times! And why is most people don't use blinkers, but the guy in front of you has his blinker on for 23 miles?!?! It is the crappy drivers that really make me angry when you have kids in the car, i.e. a semi tailgating when you have a baby in the backseat. I have an intersection by my house that has yield signs, that NO ONE ever stops at. I can't remember how many times I have about been ran into. Ok, I am done venting, on with the day. :LOL: Oh, and I am gonna go get a laugh at that website, thanks!

phinz

phinz said:
Just remember: Everyone faster than you is a maniac, and everyone slower than you is an idiot.:mrgreen:

That sounds like a road rage card! You could make your own. put that in your window. Oh, what about the people who bang the side of your car when they get out and don't care if you are in it or not? They just give no indication that they did. It doesn't happen often but when it does, I don't forget it. One time I got out and asked if he knew he hit the car? He just laughed and said get over it. wow was that a slap. Get over it! Resent that comment I find myself saying it when I get upset with someone. Funny isn't it? It does make me feel relieved when I say it. But who likes to hear it? Do I sound like I am talking to myself? Sure am.

That's why I park both of my cars far away from anyone else. I figure the walk will do me good, and nobody else wants to park in East Bumblenowhere.

Of course, that didn't work for my brother-in-law. He parked his BMW in a parking lot at the plant that isn't used much anymore and put the bright blue cover on his car. It was the only car in the entire parking lot, parked right in the middle (this is a government nuclear weaponry plant. Big place) and an 18-wheeler backed into him. :wacko:

18 wheeler?

Do you believe it? This is one for the books. someone should write your brot her in law's story. I bet he was mentally drained. I would not be able to move from t he spot. phinz you just can't win. This is the worst one I have heard. I am sure sorry. Only car on the lot? Bet he walks more now doesn't he?

He actually just started parking it in the far corner of the lot, away from any kind of traffic. The semi bashed in the driver's side door pretty severely, but the trucking company paid for the fix and a complete repaint, so the car looked better than it did before. My sister-in-law drove it from 2002 up until she got her '05 330is and now my niece drives it.

He's a bundle of accidents. He rides a motorcycle, but doesn't injure himself until he gets on a mountain bike (broken ribs, a concussion and a stick through his arm the last two times). He's always doing something to hurt himself. I guess his car getting hit was an extension of that. :LOL:

Poor Guy

Bet your sister likes to drive when she is with him. How sad. I just thought at least the guy wasn't in it! We can look at these situations and know there is someone watching over us and trying to give us some kind of message. Does he feel jinxed about it? I feel so sorry for him and the family. Always worry. Some people just live to the minute. He sounds like it. Had friend who did that . He passed away t his year when he was flying his plane. Wasn't a big plane but small one. He was one of those guys who thought nothing could happen. Such a nice guy too. Now his wife can't accept it. Really loved each other. Just hope your brother in law has lot of luck and prayers. As I said he must have someone watching out for him. Take care.

phinz said:
That's why I park both of my cars far away from anyone else. I figure the walk will do me good, and nobody else wants to park in East Bumblenowhere.

What really chaps my hide is when someone who thinks their car is better than everyone elses parks in 2 spots. It's those cars that I just want to walk up to and run a key along side it. Not that I ever would but it just makes me so darn mad!

Same here Home chef. I would never key someones car, but I almost feel those people deserve it. That gets me so angry. I have considered leaving notes on cars of people who do that, but it wouldn't matter so why bother. It would not change their selfish habits.

flamethrower?

What movie did you see? Or do you really have one? Sounds like it would solve the problem. When I first started driving had what my brother called 'junker' car was brown but had green door. As long as it got me there that is what I wanted. Seems people used to try to avoid parking next to me due to the appearance of the car. Am I missing something? If I drove one again would I have the same treatment? Like when I run out in sweats vs. when I wear dress? People sure act different. Kind of bothers me that they do this. I just wish things would have respect of others in their life. Glad you feel this way too. Evidently I am not the only one since they got this offer for Road RAge Cards. I'll let you know if someone shows one to me. I try to be perfect!!! Ha Ha At least I show respect for others, way I want them to do to me. When someone gives me break I acknowledge with wave of my hand. Try to encourage the jesture. Be safe.

I thought so

mudbug I thought you were kidding but good idea. I have seen some strange things happening and I often why? One thing pushing someone's button doesn't take much today. you want to think people feel the same as you but not true. Thanks for clearing it up! Did you hear about the family that had their mother upstairs for two years and she was dead? After that long her sister wanted to see her. She t old her family she didn't want to be bothered. Extreme? Oh she still had the tv on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom