Robert Irvine please read

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well of course the resume padders - here - probably won't admit it.

As a former retail manager... it happens quite a lot at the lower
level of employment. I have no doubt it happens quite a bit higher up,
too.

As a Head Chef in several very large hotels I did quite a bit of interviewing and checking resumes, and letters of introduction, job app's. and found some dishonesty but not much
I knew all of the chefs in my area and a telaphone call was all that was needed to check out some body. and when a resume was not kosher they got dropped and every chef in town knew about it by the next day.

I think he may deserve a second chance, but it may not be the second chance he is hoping for (or what some folks would like to see happen for him). He will have his opportunity to make good on it all, and that is all up to him. I'm sure lying on a resumes happens, I don't condone it, nor would I think about doing it. If they would lie on a resume, then what else would they lie to you about?

Everyone lies at some point and time in their life... I'm guilty of it.

I have never felt the need to lie on my resume or any other application ... what's the point? May as well get comfy with who I am, since I'm stuck with it!

Look at it this way, second chances can come from outside FN, and only those outlets can decide whether his talent outweighs his scandal. Frankly, Robert Irvine has a wife and family and I'm sure those close to him are offering the support he needs at this difficult time in his career. A little soul searching never hurt anybody, especially when they so clearly have no sense of who they really are.

:) I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. He made his bed and now he has to lay in it. I also hate liars there are some people who lie all day long I know of one such person who is a pathological liar and that person is really good at it. What gets me is this person gets away with it all the time makes wonder why their karma hasn't caught up yet. I have absolutely zero respect for this person and can't even stand the sight of him/her. If you lie you probably steal to.
A little white lie isn't as bad if you are just trying not to hurt someones feelings but I feel there is a fine line there as well.

IA resume is a guideline, not a declaration of truth in the business world. Even my sanctimonious father has lied on his resume. In hiring you look at a resume, take 50% at face value, toss out the other 50% and then weigh the candidates. And, yes, this was the formula when I worked in HR.

A "guidline?" I have never worked somewhere in my nearly 30 years in the biz world working mostly for very large corporations where you would not be fired if they caught you fabricating anything on your resume. I'm not talking about embellishment. I'm talking about lying.

A resume is very much a declaration of truth in the employment world I have occupied.

And Robert Irvin did, in fact, lie about many things on and off his resume. If you do that you must expect to suffer the consequences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom