Robert Irvine please read

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayPearl

Assistant Cook
hi! im Rachaelle, and I hope this gets read.I herd what happened to Robert Irvine. I want to say, I really like him a lot. This hurts me to my core, I care about Him so Mutch,Iv been trying to answer the different things on line.So he made a mistake, we ALL make mistakes.Id would seriously love to be His friend, right now. Id like to think in a small way I am.I wrote to major newspapers to try to help him.I have worked in a lot of restraunts.From mc donalds to other ones.Id like to suggest that we rally behind him,and pray for him, and write to the food network, to try to help him... Id also like to think that the world right now is full of hatred, and we must stand behind, our own if this world is to be a better place.Iv seen nasty things written about him...this just kills me... God mastered us,to pull togeather,and we really need to, not tear each other apart.please write to them have Him reinstated.....:ermm:Peace to you all...:(Rachaelle

hi! im Rachaelle, and I hope this gets read.I herd what happened to Robert Irvine. I want to say, I really like him a lot. This hurts me to my core, I care about Him so Mutch,Iv been trying to answer the different things on line.So he made a mistake, we ALL make mistakes.Id would seriously love to be His friend, right now. Id like to think in a small way I am.I wrote to major newspapers to try to help him.I have worked in a lot of restraunts.From mc donalds to other ones.Id like to suggest that we rally behind him,and pray for him, and write to the food network, to try to help him... Id also like to think that the world right now is full of hatred, and we must stand behind, our own if this world is to be a better place.Iv seen nasty things written about him...this just kills me... God mastered us,to pull togeather,and we really need to, not tear each other apart.please write to them have Him reinstated.....:ermm:Peace to you all...:(Rachaelle

that is very sweet. however he did lie. opening him self up to scrunity. honey he has more money than god. he will be just fine.

babe;);)

Yea, what's the worst that could happen to him? Maybe he has to go get a job as a chef somewhere, then writes a book about his rise and fall and makes even more money...

I can think of worse things happening to a person... and worse consequences for lying...

Yea, what's the worst that could happen to him? Maybe he has to go get a job as a chef somewhere, then writes a book about his rise and fall and makes even more money...

I can think of worse things happening to a person... and worse consequences for lying...

hey how u feeling. hope u are on road to recovery.

babe

that is very sweet. however he did lie. opening him self up to scrunity. honey he has more money than god. he will be just fine.

babe;);)
I don't believe he's got "more money than god." It's not like the Food Network pays top dollar and he's not been on forever. Football players have more money than god, not Robert Irvine.

And I believe this: "Let he who has NEVER lied on a resume cast the first stone." We also don't know that he lied on his resume submitted to FN. We just know that he told tails out of school. Again "Let he among you who has never embellished to a hot guy/gal be the first to cast a stone." I just find this all a whole lot of ridiculous brew haha about nothing. Mountains out of mole hills.

I don't believe he's got "more money than god." It's not like the Food Network pays top dollar and he's not been on forever. Football players have more money than god, not Robert Irvine.

And I believe this: "Let he who has NEVER lied on a resume cast the first stone." We also don't know that he lied on his resume submitted to FN. We just know that he told tails out of school. Again "Let he among you who has never embellished to a hot guy/gal be the first to cast a stone." I just find this all a whole lot of ridiculous brew haha about nothing. Mountains out of mole hills.

sweetie, he didn't just "lie" about one thing, he "LIED" about a lot of things.

i am not casting a stone, just stating the facts. when someone lies to me, i think less of them. if they lie, they will cheat, and if u lie and cheat on small things, u will like and cheat on big things and when it really matters. sorry to disagree with you. but that is how i feel.

babe:ermm::ermm:

And I believe this: "Let he who has NEVER lied on a resume cast the first stone."
You make it sound like lying on a resume is the rule, not the exception. I do not believe that is true. I know that I have NEVER lied on mine and never will. I know my wife has never done it either. I can say with a high degree of confidence that my brother, mother, and father never have either. None of us would ever even consider it. I would guess most, if not all of my friends have never done it either.

He lied. He got what was coming to him. I do not feel he deserves a second chance.

You can add me to the list of people who have never lied on my resume. I know my DH has never lied on his resume either.

Add me to the "no fabricators" list. One thing my children would tell anyone, one of my pet peeves is lying. They learned very early on it was easier on them (punishment-wise) to tell the truth and take their lumps than to lie and suffer worse punishment.

I can honestly say I've never lied on a resume. My first job was with the F.B.I. Perhaps that experience had something to do with my future resumes. Although, I was brought up to always tell truth, too.

It's so much easier/better to tell the truth than to tell the first lie and tell others and to try to keep track of which lie covers which. I simply don't have the time or energy for that kind of stuff.

LOL.....sorry......:ermm:...........:LOL:................sorry.

:ROFLMAO:.....AHEM!...........sorry.

:) I have never lied on a resume I have never needed to I also have never applied a job that I would want to lie about. My credentials speak for them selves. I also would never apply for a job I could not handle.

You make it sound like lying on a resume is the rule, not the exception. I do not believe that is true. I know that I have NEVER lied on mine and never will. I know my wife has never done it either. I can say with a high degree of confidence that my brother, mother, and father never have either. None of us would ever even consider it. I would guess most, if not all of my friends have never done it either.

He lied. He got what was coming to him. I do not feel he deserves a second chance.
I just started dating a guy who works for an employment service and, believe me, lying IS the rule, not the exception. He even told me he tweeks resumes all the time. A resume is a guideline, not a declaration of truth in the business world. Even my sanctimonious father has lied on his resume. In hiring you look at a resume, take 50% at face value, toss out the other 50% and then weigh the candidates. And, yes, this was the formula when I worked in HR.

Sorry Callisto, I disagree. Just look at the responses you have gotten here since you posted that. Every single person has said they have never done it.

My wife was just chatting with her friend who is an HR recruiter. I had her look at this thread. She agrees that most people do not lie on their resumes. She said the second she gets an inkling that someone has lied then they are instantly disqualified not only from that job, but for ever working in the company at all.

The guy you are dating is telling you it is the rule because he does it himself. He is trying to make it seem acceptable. Sorry, but it is not.

A resume is not a guideline and is a declaration of truth in the business world. My wife has worked in HR and has done her share of hiring. I have conducted interviews and reviewed resumes. Neither of us have ever heard this 50% rule you speak of.

If 50% of what someone says about themselves is a lie then why in the world would you want to trust them to do a job for you?

While I agree a resume, as opposed to a CV, is only a guideline, it should still be accurate. I have been involved in the interviewing process at more than one company and none of the people I have been involved with in the selection and interviewing process have ever used that theory. If one of us has thought that a resume was untrue, we would usually clarify with the person who submitted if we thought it worthwhile. I have met people who lie on their resumes but they have been far and few between. Quite a few who have exaggerated/embellished but not actually lied.

I am not making a mountain out of a mole hill. I liked the guy, I felt he was one of the better shows on FN. But he lied, and there are consequences for that. I would rather live in a world where there are consequences for lying than not, and I bet Robert Irvine himself would agree despite being on the receiving end in this case. He had a moment of weakness and lied, and the only moral and decent thing to do is accept the consequences of those actions so he can move on and put this behind him.
My wife also worked in a temp agency, no lying on a resume is not the rule it is the exception and if caught they would never even consider the candidate again for any post at all. They were very careful on background checks as many companies would do anything from sue to never use them again if they sent someone and it was later found out they lied.
I don't understand this trend of thinking there shouldn't be consequences for our actions, it is what keeps society from completely falling apart. It seems to me the further we get away from taking personal responsibility for our actions and holding each other responsible and accepting consequences of doing wrong the worse things are getting out there...
Or in other words, if there are no consequences for our actions, then what is to keep me from picking up a baseball bat and beating up the next person I disagree with? Especially if it is only a couple of little hits, no big deal, couple of small swings, I stayed away from major organs and their head, I can say I am sorry, now let me go on as if nothing has happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom