"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1
Robert Irvine please read

hi! im Rachaelle, and I hope this gets read.I herd what happened to Robert Irvine. I want to say, I really like him a lot. This hurts me to my core, I care about Him so Mutch,Iv been trying to answer the different things on line.So he made a mistake, we ALL make mistakes.Id would seriously love to be His friend, right now. Id like to think in a small way I am.I wrote to major newspapers to try to help him.I have worked in a lot of restraunts.From mc donalds to other ones.Id like to suggest that we rally behind him,and pray for him, and write to the food network, to try to help him... Id also like to think that the world right now is full of hatred, and we must stand behind, our own if this world is to be a better place.Iv seen nasty things written about him...this just kills me... God mastered us,to pull togeather,and we really need to, not tear each other apart.please write to them have Him reinstated.....Peace to you all...Rachaelle

__________________

__________________
RayPearl is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPearl View Post
hi! im Rachaelle, and I hope this gets read.I herd what happened to Robert Irvine. I want to say, I really like him a lot. This hurts me to my core, I care about Him so Mutch,Iv been trying to answer the different things on line.So he made a mistake, we ALL make mistakes.Id would seriously love to be His friend, right now. Id like to think in a small way I am.I wrote to major newspapers to try to help him.I have worked in a lot of restraunts.From mc donalds to other ones.Id like to suggest that we rally behind him,and pray for him, and write to the food network, to try to help him... Id also like to think that the world right now is full of hatred, and we must stand behind, our own if this world is to be a better place.Iv seen nasty things written about him...this just kills me... God mastered us,to pull togeather,and we really need to, not tear each other apart.please write to them have Him reinstated.....Peace to you all...Rachaelle
that is very sweet. however he did lie. opening him self up to scrunity. honey he has more money than god. he will be just fine.

babe
__________________

__________________
babetoo is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cicero, IL
Posts: 5,093
Yea, what's the worst that could happen to him? Maybe he has to go get a job as a chef somewhere, then writes a book about his rise and fall and makes even more money...

I can think of worse things happening to a person... and worse consequences for lying...
__________________
Maverick2272 is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 3,270
Welcome to DC!!
__________________
Too many restaurants, not enough time...
Bilby is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 10:36 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
Yea, what's the worst that could happen to him? Maybe he has to go get a job as a chef somewhere, then writes a book about his rise and fall and makes even more money...

I can think of worse things happening to a person... and worse consequences for lying...
hey how u feeling. hope u are on road to recovery.

babe
__________________
babetoo is offline  
Old 03-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #6
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cicero, IL
Posts: 5,093
I am feeling much better and well on my way down the road to recovery, thank you for asking!
__________________
Maverick2272 is offline  
Old 03-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #7
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
that is very sweet. however he did lie. opening him self up to scrunity. honey he has more money than god. he will be just fine.

babe
I don't believe he's got "more money than god." It's not like the Food Network pays top dollar and he's not been on forever. Football players have more money than god, not Robert Irvine.

And I believe this: "Let he who has NEVER lied on a resume cast the first stone." We also don't know that he lied on his resume submitted to FN. We just know that he told tails out of school. Again "Let he among you who has never embellished to a hot guy/gal be the first to cast a stone." I just find this all a whole lot of ridiculous brew haha about nothing. Mountains out of mole hills.
__________________
Callisto in NC is offline  
Old 03-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
I don't believe he's got "more money than god." It's not like the Food Network pays top dollar and he's not been on forever. Football players have more money than god, not Robert Irvine.

And I believe this: "Let he who has NEVER lied on a resume cast the first stone." We also don't know that he lied on his resume submitted to FN. We just know that he told tails out of school. Again "Let he among you who has never embellished to a hot guy/gal be the first to cast a stone." I just find this all a whole lot of ridiculous brew haha about nothing. Mountains out of mole hills.
sweetie, he didn't just "lie" about one thing, he "LIED" about a lot of things.

i am not casting a stone, just stating the facts. when someone lies to me, i think less of them. if they lie, they will cheat, and if u lie and cheat on small things, u will like and cheat on big things and when it really matters. sorry to disagree with you. but that is how i feel.

babe
__________________
babetoo is offline  
Old 03-11-2008, 07:29 PM   #9
Chief Eating Officer
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA,Massachusetts
Posts: 25,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post

And I believe this: "Let he who has NEVER lied on a resume cast the first stone."
You make it sound like lying on a resume is the rule, not the exception. I do not believe that is true. I know that I have NEVER lied on mine and never will. I know my wife has never done it either. I can say with a high degree of confidence that my brother, mother, and father never have either. None of us would ever even consider it. I would guess most, if not all of my friends have never done it either.

He lied. He got what was coming to him. I do not feel he deserves a second chance.
__________________
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline  
Old 03-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #10
Senior Cook
 
plumies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 444
You can add me to the list of people who have never lied on my resume. I know my DH has never lied on his resume either.
__________________

__________________
***************
CAB Cooks
plumies is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.