"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-21-2006, 12:46 PM   #11
Master Chef

Do you have a large University or Dental School near you? Contact them and see if they have a dental program there. I know the University in a nearby town has one and they provide the service for free if you volunteer to allow their students and instructor use you as a patient. Just a thought.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:49 PM   #12
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
I should be giving you people the cost of this whole procedure. I tell you, I hesitate to even bring some of the topics up I do, but when I do I sure get education! I love you all for sharing your knowledge w/me. The people who do the actual work are not interested in what you know. They just want to get it over so they can get paid. Isn't explaining part of the deal whenever you have to pay for something. I know not advertisment expense but taking the time to let one know about what to expect is truly valuable to the patient.

Candocook, thank you for assuring me about eating. My brother thinks the temp will fall out if I eat or brush my teeth. He said I should just wait till I get it fixed. Sure! I know he would want to find out what is acceptable too.
You think eating apple or pear okay then? Had so many hands in my mouth, at least I saw they had gloves on. Thank goodness. I still prefer not having any hands in my mouth except my own if I have to when I floss.

Snoop Puss, you sure know where to get your answers. I only check Google and Yahoo. Talk about limited. This is helpful to everyone. Thanks you for the time and information. No one going to tell you anything you don't already know. I like that.

Barb L was it tooth in the front or back like mine? One of the big ones.
It was on the bottom front--(little guy) !

Old 12-21-2006, 01:12 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Lucked Out

Well, you did it this time! Lucked out w/o having big ones giving problems. Well, one thing now you know what to expect.

Snoop Puss, had great idea! I am going to mail your link to my dentist and tell him to give to his patients who never had root canal. Don't you think this would help them? Sure opened my eyes.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:03 PM   #14
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Quote:
Well, you did it this time! Lucked out w/o having big ones giving problems. Well, one thing now you know what to expect.

Snoop Puss, had great idea! I am going to mail your link to my dentist and tell him to give to his patients who never had root canal. Don't you think this would help them? Sure opened my eyes.
This was my second one, first one was in the back, I think It needed a crown, not sure,was few years back when it was about $450. now $625 !! Yeow!
Old 12-21-2006, 02:14 PM   #15
Head Chef

Quote:
It'll certainly encourage patients to keep going back. I'm sitting here with a minor twinge. I should have gone for my check-up in September, but what with one thing and another (all genuine, not merely procrastination) I still haven't been. After looking at that site, it made me think maybe I better had go before it turns out to be fatal!
Old 12-21-2006, 02:15 PM   #16
Sous Chef

The temp is very tight. Shouldn't be any problem. It's just filling a hole really.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:23 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Swallow It

Just as long as I don't swallow it. He kept dropping one of his pics on my tongue. You don't think that bothered me? I just hoped I didn't have to cough at the time. Crazy what your mind does when everyone looking in your mouth.

You BETTER have your teeth checked. My mother always had her teeth in her apron pocket cause she couldn't keep them in her mouth. Made her nervous. Everytime she had to put them in her mouth she yelled at me to watch my teeth. She was mad about her false ones. Didn't fit right. It sounds funny if it isn't your mother but when someone you love is uncomfortable you don't care what they look like. AT least, I sure don't.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:23 PM   #18
Head Chef

I had a Root Canal a few years back and it was no fun. Someone had to drive me to and from the dentist and thank goodness my Dentist gave me a bottle of Vicodin for the pain which was very nice of him.

I have Dental Insurance but it still costs.

I am so sorry that this had to happen to you this time of year but feel better and take one of those Extra Strengh Pain Pills.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:28 PM   #19
Head Chef

I am very sorry but I was having trouble with my Internet Explorer and a message came up that I had already posted this before.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:41 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Second time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpj4
I am very sorry but I was having trouble with my Internet Explorer and a message came up that I had already posted this before.
Always thankful to read comments from someone who has been there. i do appreciate your understanding about the time frame. Nothing like looking forward to paying all the taxes and car insurance and now this! Must be lesson in here someplace?