"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Root canal finally done!

Thanks to everyone for your help in my thread quite some time ago about this upcoming root canal. It was completely pain free, just a pinch from the needle for novacaine. Have to go back in two days for the cap, just have a temporary one on for now. I guess my tooth was not too bad because I have heard horror stories from some about this procedure. Thanks again for your help everyone!

Old 07-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Bravo, amber. I'm happy it worked out well for you. I've had quite a few, as I think I mentioned in your earlier thread. Isn't it nice to have the worst behind you? Enjoy your new (expensive) tooth.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Its never that bad and a good dentist makes all the difference.I also have had a few root canals its not that bad.The crown will be a piece of cake.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Katie, since this was my first one, I thought it went quite well. The anticipation was worse than the root canal.

jpmcgrew, your right about a good dentist, he was fabulous. He explained everything just before he proceeded on each step of the root canal which to me helped alot so I knew what was coming next. Dental assistant was great as well. Thanks for mentioning that the crown will be a piece of cake!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:46 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
It's not so painful Amber. I had one done and was too scared about it. Thursday I go back for a crown on it.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:01 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Done

What a feeling! Bet you are thankful to have all the people here at DC? They sure have made my life easier to take. I always thought that is what church was supposed to be but seems to have gotten lost in my church. I could relate to your thoughts so well because everyone always told me they were worse than getting tooth pulled. Must have improved as I felt the same way you do. It was over and I am still here.

Like Katie E said, expensive is what seems to hurt. Really quite a lot to pay for one procedure. But to have it almost pain free means a lot too. Thanks for keeping up posted about how everything went. We were thinking of you. Take good care of your teeth.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #7
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Amber, glad the worse part is over! Good for you!