Royal Wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

di reston

Sous Chef
The latest news is that Meghan will be escourted down the Isle by Prince Charles. I find that a generous and gesture on the part of the British monarchy. I hope you will be watching the ceremonies.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

I enjoy watching and hearing about all the royal goings-on. I'll probably tune in.

I guess I'm the dissenting voice. I have no interest in watching British royalty coverage at all. The private lives of public people have never interested me.

If I remember my history classes, the people of this country fought a war to get the British royal family out of their lives.

I very rarely watch TV during the warm (i.e. non-football) months. I do read enough news to know that Prince Harry is marrying this American actress gal, and that's about the extent of my knowledge or interest in the subject.

*yawn* I'm with Andy.

I bet the Royals won't have anywhere near as much fun at the wedding as our families and friends had when Himself and I got hitched. The only "Royal" present that night had the first name of "Crown". ;)

I actually got sick of the coverage already.
Besides, I'll be busy with my grandson's college graduation tomorrow.
Congrats to him, roadfix. One down and how many more to go?

Oh heck yes I'll be watching the California girl become a Princess because she fell in love with her Prince Charming!! There's still enough little girl in this old gal to enjoy all the hoopla across the pond.

I'm sorry to disagree Di, but the last person in the world I wanted to see walk her down the isle is Charles...and I bet Princess Diana feels the same.

Oh heck yes I'll be watching the California girl become a Princess because she fell in love with her Prince Charming!! There's still enough little girl in this old gal to enjoy all the hoopla across the pond.

I'm sorry to disagree Di, but the last person in the world I wanted to see walk her down the isle is Charles...and I bet Princess Diana feels the same.

Well, I have two kids that have dual citizenship, one being British. So it looks like I will be watching. I just want to see what style she chose for her wedding gown.

So true Kayelle. Charles is the last person who should be walking anyone down the aisle. I would have preferred to have her be "the star" at her own wedding and walk down the aisle alone.

From what I've read, since she is not a royal herself, she can't be a princess, only a duchess, like Kate.

So you got up at 3 am to watch it? We went to a neighborhood party last night so I rolled out of bed at about 9:30 this morning [emoji38] I'm sure I'll see enough pictures and video of the entire thing.

I actually got sick of the coverage already.
Besides, I'll be busy with my grandson's college graduation tomorrow.

Well, my wife turned the bedroom tv on at 3am this morning to watch this thing so I also ended up watching part of it. I liked what I saw. I also didn't realize the bride was older by 3 years. Good for her.

Well, my wife turned the bedroom tv on at 3am this morning to watch this thing so I also ended up watching part of it. I liked what I saw. I also didn't realize the bride was older by 3 years. Good for her.
Man, would I be pissed if my husband did that [emoji38] That's one reason why I vetoed a bedroom TV when we bought this house 26 years ago :ROFLMAO:

I wish Harry had taken the non tradition route a little bit farther.
By getting a showy Tattoo and an ear piercing.:LOL:

What was Camilla thinking when she picked that shower cap of a hat anyways?:huh:
The Queen looked a little sour.Hopefully her spirits will be lifted after she's toss back a few at the reception.:ROFLMAO:

Munky.

No way I was going to watch it live GG!! I had the DVD set to record and now at 10:00 AM here in California, I'm watching. I recorded both NBC and CBS and switching between them. I love the Today Show on NBC every morning but not today. CBS is doing a much better job with Gail King. Call me crazy, but I'm really enjoying the whole dang thing, on my time.

*yawn* I'm with Andy.

I bet the Royals won't have anywhere near as much fun at the wedding as our families and friends had when Himself and I got hitched. The only "Royal" present that night had the first name of "Crown". ;)

Yeah... we didn't have anything fancy, the whole thing only cost us about $2000 including taking 20 out to dinner at one of Denver's better restaurants the night before, and having almost 200 people at the reception. We rented the party room at the Elks Lodge, and the DJ was a friend of my sister-in-law and gave us have off his fee as a wedding present. We had the ceremony in our back yard.

As far as the royals.... :huh:

I had an appointment with the surgeon yesterday. By the time he got through with my leg I was in so much pain, I don't even remember the ride home. I filled up on prescribed pain medications and promptly fell into a nice deep sleep. Woke up around noon on Saturday. No matter what station you put on, there was the wedding. I got to see her gown, turned over and went back to sleep. Woke up at nine in the evening, pain free. That is all I cared about.

It dominated the news today, so we can take a break from that messy school shooting thing the day before. After all, royal weddings don't happen every day -- like mass shootings do... 101 so far in 2018. So boring! It's nice to get a break from the ordinary daily news. Variety is the spice of life!

CD

Last edited:
I wonder if there are so many more school shootings because they get so very much press each time one happens. The mass news coverage has to be just enough of a push for some crazies to think "hey, I could be famous!" :ermm: BUT...back to the OT.

The only observation we have about today's wedding coverage is: why is a British person driving a British made car that is being driven on English soil...with the driver's side on the left side? :huh:

britain-us-royals-wedding-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom