Runner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Thomas the cat ran off from his home, is this running contagious? Now the dog I just recently got from dog rescue is considered a 'runner'. I am trying to break her, but seems minute you let your guard down, off she takes and not hing will stop her. I am seriously worried she is going to end her running by someone hitting her with a car.

This morning, my old dog w/ arthritis has to be handled by carrying him to the door and t hen letting the others out of the cages. After I let the pups out of the cage, found out the old dog couldn't hold and made a big mess. Let the others go out and grabbed some towels to clean the mess. I admit I was still sleepy and opened the door to put mess in trash, off she goes and such little dog but runs like you wouldn't believe. Doesn't look for anything else but what she smells. She ran across the street after smelling few trash cans and if I would not have cornered her she would have run some more. I like her but this running will do me in and I will have to give her up or else something serious will happen. I don't want to see that. I have gotten tether to restrain her but the others thing it is something to chew on and play with. real mess with all the dogs and long tether on her. The tether is 50' and if she runs I grab the rope but this morning really woke me up and now I feel worn out as it truly scared me.

Should I ask the rescue if they will take her back? what would you do? I feel maybe if she were the only dog, person could pay more attention. Main reason I got her was so new pup would have companion. How come the other pup I had never runs? So ridiculous and so scary too!

Thanks for the time and advice.

Thomas the cat ran off from his home, is this running contagious? Now the dog I just recently got from dog rescue is considered a 'runner'. I am trying to break her, but seems minute you let your guard down, off she takes and not hing will stop her. I am seriously worried she is going to end her running by someone hitting her with a car.

This morning, my old dog w/ arthritis has to be handled by carrying him to the door and t hen letting the others out of the cages. After I let the pups out of the cage, found out the old dog couldn't hold and made a big mess. Let the others go out and grabbed some towels to clean the mess. I admit I was still sleepy and opened the door to put mess in trash, off she goes and such little dog but runs like you wouldn't believe. Doesn't look for anything else but what she smells. She ran across the street after smelling few trash cans and if I would not have cornered her she would have run some more. I like her but this running will do me in and I will have to give her up or else something serious will happen. I don't want to see that. I have gotten tether to restrain her but the others thing it is something to chew on and play with. real mess with all the dogs and long tether on her. The tether is 50' and if she runs I grab the rope but this morning really woke me up and now I feel worn out as it truly scared me.

Should I ask the rescue if they will take her back? what would you do? I feel maybe if she were the only dog, person could pay more attention. Main reason I got her was so new pup would have companion. How come the other pup I had never runs? So ridiculous and so scary too!

Thanks for the time and advice.

maybe it just bad luck. my son has a beagle and boy is he a runner. he has been picked up so many times by humane soc. and many fines paid. the last ex cape cost my son two thousand dollars in vet bills as a pack of dogs beat him up. he almost died. beagles are known for following their noises, maybe your is part beagle. no cure for it i am afraid but son got an electric fence and that has stopped him for now.

babe

babetoo

Everyone has said that the solution is the electric fence as your son had to do. I am sorry he has had so many problems with his beagle. As the people have all stated once you own a dog, it is yours to care for. The rescue group did say she was runner. Next time I hope I know better. I treat the dogs like they are family, after all that is what they think they are. I am sure your son was devastated when the dog was in a dog fight. How horrible. Pains me to read this. Much less the expense.

One person said their Lab gets so intense on chasing whatever that when the fence zapped him he went right through it! Now he puts a long leash on him when he goes out as extra precaution. Guess you have to deal with this the best way you can, no matter the cost or time involved.

I don't know why the reason why t hey would do this? They get the best treatment and still, like people, want something different.

Thanks babetoo for your response. Oh, how is Thomas? Shame they don't seem to realize how much torment we go through when they take off. Seeing her running toward t he street yesterday probably shortened my life. hope and pray I don't ever see a dog or cat getting hit by a car.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom