Sad news from our son

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Our son called the other night to tell us that there will be no baby after all. We are all sad about it, but they are going to try again. She is only 25, and still has lots of time.
Sometimes the Big Guy knows best.

Oh Constance, I'm so sorry. That is so hard for everyone. I hope their hearts heal soon. Prayers for them, and you too.

Ohhh, (((Connie))) I missed your initial thread and I just found out the story behind... it must be soooo disappointing for everyone.:(

But I have seen people who "knew" they couldn't have any babies, then got a brilliant surprise one day and changed their lives for the better. It does happen, and keep believing!

Be there for this young couple who are so much in need of love and support, and cheer up, you will get just that from us!!

Oh Connie, I'm so so sorry!! My prayers are with you and your family!
Although he has his reasons, it's still hard to endure. Lots of hugs coming your way and hopes that it won't be long before a new life is coming your way!!

Connie, I'm so very sorry. I know how hard this must be and how it makes your heart ache..You have my thoughts and prayers for all of you. May this sadness soon turn to joy and all your dreams be granted, there is no better grandma than you.

kadesma

Thank you, dear friends. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I feel so bad for the kids...especially Melissa. She was so excited.
They are going to be here Saturday, and will spend a couple of weeks visiting. I question whether the 14 hour drive will be good for Melissa, but the doctor says it's OK.
I'll feed'em up and love'em up...that's my answer to a lot of things.

Connie, I'm so sorry too. Don't give up. Our young neighbors had a miscarriage last year and she is due now any minute - a healthy boy. Hope things go well very soon. Glad you will all be together.

Last edited:
May I offer one small piece of advice? Never, ever minimize the loss by saying to someone who has miscarried or suffered a still birth that they "can always try again." Such a loss is often as heartfelt and tragic for the parents as the death of any child. I don't mean to suggest in any way that you've done that or that you ever would, but it's extremely important to understand and appreciate the depth of suffering that accompanies such an event. Hold your daughter-in-law and son, love them, mourn with them, and let them know you understand.

The "big guy" may always know best, and indeed most spontaneous abortions are probably because of some problem that either would have prevented the fetus from surviving full-term or would have resulted in severe birth defects, but please remember that such homilies are of no comfort to someone who has lost a child and is wondering how a just God could be so cruel.

No one in that horrible situation wants the hear that it was "for the best"; they just want to cry. Don't try to explain it away, just feel their pain.

I am really sorry Constance. I hope the weekend provides lots of love and hope to your family. Not sure that I would attend a family function after that. Dont be surprised if they dont show up. How sad, but at least they are going to try again. :)

Back
Top Bottom