Salad Pickle Preference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salad Pickle Preference

• Potato Salad with Dill Pickle

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Potato Salad with Sweet Pickle

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Potato Salad with No Pickle

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Macaroni Salad with Dill Pickle

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Macaroni Salad with Sweet Pickle

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Macaroni Salad with No Pickle

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Tuna Salad with Dill Pickle

• Tuna Salad with Sweet Pickle

• Tuna Salad with No Pickle

• Other (Please explain)

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I was just reading about how some of us like to make tuna salad, and that got me to thinking. When you make potato, macaroni, or tuna salad, what kind of pickles do you prefer, if any?

I don't do tuna. But with turkey salad, I like chopped dill pickles, some dill pickle juice, and chopped capers, sometimes some greek olives.

No pickles in any of my salads, but if someone made it that way I would eat it. Pickles are for relish and Big Macs :LOL:

I use both dill and sweet in all the options .. more sweet but got to have some dill to give it that extra bite.

Sweet relish of course! Not the hot dog relish with mustard mixed in...

I don't use relish or pickles since I am not a fan of either of them. But like Pecanis, I will still eat them if someone else happens to use them when they're cooking something I eat. ;)

Garlic dills or kosher dills in macaroni or potato salad. Black or Kalamata olives in Pasta salad. Dills in tuna or chicken salad. Sometimes sweet pickles/relish in tuna salad. I will eat any of them however they are prepared. That said, the only sweet pickle I really care for is bread and butter pickles with lots of thin sliced onion pickled in with them.

Last edited:
Garlic dills or kosher dills in macaroni or potato salad. Black or Kalamata olives in Pasta salad. Dills in tuna or chicken salad. Sometimes sweet pickles/relish in tuna salad. I will eat any of them however they are prepared. That said, the only sweet pickle I really care for is bread and butter pickles with lots of thin sliced onion pickled in with them.

I mince that to make my sweet relish...:pig:

Back
Top Bottom