Salads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Could any of you eat a salad everyday for lunch? I have been making salads for lunch more than 10 years, not much else goes along just greens, tomatoes, red peppers, baby cucumbers, dressing, chinese noodles, that is most of the time. I am so burned out on fixing everyday except weekend that I can't bring myself to even eat one myself. Don't you think someone would get tired of this everyday? Only thing I make sure I have to go to store every weekend to get the greens. I am just curious how they can have same thing for so long! Kind of boring to me, but they claim they don't want heavy lunch. How do you feel about eating same thing everyday. Yogurt even gets old to me. Am I spoiled? Thanks for your input. This has been bothering me for some time and like always afraid someone will think my family strange

Nope I couldn't, I can get tired of a favorite food if eat too often. We have a tossed salad almost every night- love em', but times I want coleslaw.

I get tired of the same thing all the time too. DH however doesn't pay attention to what he eats. He'll eat just about anything put in front of him. One time he tried the Rice Diet where you only eat plain rice and fruit. It could be any kind of fruit but he stuck with bananas. I don't know how he did it. :wacko: Salads however can be changed up easily with different add-ins and different dressing to keep it fresh and interesting.

My dad took a bologna sandwich in his bucket to work every day for years! He was a coal miner, who worked on top in the plant, and he said there was so much coal dust that he couldn't taste his food anyway.

I can't do that, though. I have to have some variation.

I work with a woman who only eats salads for lunch. She decided she needed to lose weight so she cut out sugar completely from her diet and switched to salads for lunch every single day.

She also happens to be the person in our office who is nice enough to make a birthday cake for everyones birthday's even though she will not eat it because of the sugar. When her birthday rolled around we called up the local pizza shop and had them deliver 30 salads and we did salad day in honor of her.

She has lost an amazing amount of weight doing this.

I would go crazy. I need variety. I hardly even eat the same genre of food 2 days in a row. Yesterday was Korean, today is chicken bites, tomorrow will be Indian.

I bring a salad almost everyday. But, I also bring whatever meat is leftover also.

I usually bring a salad every day, too. and I often incorporate whatever meat is leftover in the salad, unless it's just too weird. I keep small cans of tuna on hand for my salads when I don't have leftover meat or fish.

I'll prep veggies on Sunday and keep them in the fridge to assemble my salad every morning. I keep a bottle of really good ev olive oil in my desk drawer, and bring halved lemons to combine for my dressing. sometimes I bring a slice of bread, but mostly I try to avoid the carbs.

My DW is the same as that lady. She has cabbage & a cooked veg/mince mix for every lunch and a baked potato with the same for dinner on weekdays. She has lost a lot of weight but I could not stick to it.

Nope I couldn't, I can get tired of a favorite food if eat too often. We have a tossed salad almost every night- love em', but times I want coleslaw.

Coleslaw is a salad! I don't take the SAME salad every day... I vary the stuff I put into it, and I don't feel like I'm eating the same thing every day.

The only thing that I could eat day in and day out for years and years and years is chicken noodle or chicken rice soup. I absolutely love it. And can eat for breakfsast, lunch or diner.

:chef:Ice Cream everyday...I could do it;)every family is 'strange'-if that's what you like...as for me-I like variety-but-so many different kinds of salads and dressing/toppings-everyday could be different

Back
Top Bottom