Salmonella

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I just got off the phone with the public health nurse for our town. Apparently, my recent illness was caused by a specific strain of salmonella that is involved in a 26 state outbreak.

I had been questioned by the nurse earlier and thought that was the end of it. The CDC is questioning all reported cases so the nurse called back today to ask me all the CDC's questions. It seems the outbreak has been traced to tuna scrape(!) - the pink slime of the sea world. This stuff is used in sushi such as spicy tuna.

I answered a host of questions about my eating out for the last month. No sushi or other raw or partially cooked seafood.

I have no clue how I got the beast as I was not exposed to any of the primary sources. The plot thickens.

Im sorry!!

I also got sick in that way a day after I ate spicy tuna rolls for lunch and also assumed that I might have had a mild case of salmonella. Mine resolved pretty quickly. No more spict tuna rolls for me!

So sorry to hear that Andy. Do you have to get any further treatment? I hope this doesnt affect your trip.

Jen, sorry you had to deal with that. Hope you're back to normal.

I had a strong regimen of antibiotics. That seemed to do the trick. Once they took out the Tube From Hell, I felt instantly great.

I'd say I'm back to normal now and expect to be trouble free over the weekend.

So the salmonella caused the tube issue? Wow. I thought it "only" caused gastrointestinal problems.

Glad you got over it!

I ended up with e-coli a few years ago. It was brutal. Public Health came around, yadda, yadda, yadda. Hope you feel better. I agree, alcohol kills germs <g>.

Back
Top Bottom