"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-25-2006, 10:50 AM   #31
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
That stinks. Not happy at all to hear Mario going away too. I gotta find something to solidify that to confirm.

Old 02-25-2006, 12:12 PM   #32
Executive Chef

I know Giada keeps saying about "Italian" food, but most of her stuff really seems to be Italian-American. She uses ingredients that are used here all the time and most of them are only variations of what we are used to eating. I like what she cooks, but it doesn't seem truly Italian. I think Lidia's cooking is probably moreso that Giada's.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:31 PM   #33
Senior Cook

I hope FoodTv lures Daisy Martinez from PBS. I watch her every Sat. and I think she is great.... Rick Bayless not bad either.

Late
Old 02-26-2006, 11:24 AM   #34
Cook

I think the changes on FoodTV reflect the needs of their viewers- many people want that fluff as it "takes too long" to make substantial dishes or they want that quick fix- something our society dictates- I still like some of the shows, but now I read my cookbooks for inspiration. Many of them have a good explanation of how to do things. Patience is a virtue......
Old 02-26-2006, 12:30 PM   #35
Sous Chef

I could do with a little less Emeril these days.I liked him a whole lot in the beginning now he's on every time I turn on FN *sigh*
Old 02-26-2006, 01:47 PM   #36
Sous Chef

Do they really mean that Food TV's demographic is the 15-35 year old male? Or that they are just trying to appeal to them? I can hardly believe that the majority of their viewers are 15-35 year old males. I can also hardly believe that they would want to appeal to very young males. They don't have much money, and if they do, I'll bet they don't spend it on cookware or fruits and vegetables. I'm pretty confused by that whole line of reasoning.

BC
Old 02-27-2006, 02:30 PM   #37
Assistant Cook

The Food Network has really changed. The bf and I were talking about the "Next Food Network" star show. And how the people who we would watch got kicked out first. They're all about entertainment now. I don't watch Food Network nearly as much as I used to because everytime I try to watch it, it's someone that annoys me.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #38
Master Chef

I practically do not put on food TV anymore. There is nothing to learn for me. I actually liked Sarah. I learned a lot from her. Too bad.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:12 PM   #39
Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to cristal
That sucks...I learned a lot from her. I wish Gale Gand did more shows because she's one of the other people on there that I learned a lot from.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:30 PM   #40
Head Chef

I'm hoping another new cooking channel will show up, that will give FN a run for their money. And if a new channel DOES show up, hopefully it'll be a regular cabel channel. :-)