Saturday JEOPARDY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Saturday JEOPARDY
JEOPARDY- Ant-onyms
1. ($200)- Like termites, ants are this type of insect, as opposed to the solitary types...
2. ($600)- Amazon ants become masters when they steal the young from other nests and make them these...
3. ($1000)- The extinct passenger pigeon and this African ant are both known for moving in huge swarms...
DOUBLE JEOPARDY- Almost rhymes with orange
4. ($400)- To adapt existing music for a specific performer...
5. ($1200)- This adjective meaning "Alien" might rhyme with orange if you reversed the final "gn" and added an e...
6. ($2000)- The Italian city of this name has Il Duomo; the one in South Carolina has the Pee Dee Experiment Station...
FINAL JEOPARDY- Islands

This Isle is roughly at the center of the triangle formed by Dublin, Glasgow and Liverpool...
1. what is social?
2. what are slaves?
3. what is the Driver Ant?
4. what is arrange?
5. what is foreign?
6. what is Florence?
7. what is the Isle of Man?

OK, I said Army ants, are they the same thing? 5 took me a while but I finally got it. And I didn't know S. Carolina had a Florence. Guessed Isle of Man and got it right. Woohoo!

AWW phooey! I was just going from the short story Leinigen (sp?) and the Ants. I thought that was in Africa, but its quite possible it was S. America. Its been a LONG time since I read it.

DING!!! Yep, thanks LT, I think you are absolutely right. I'm going to check out my files now.

The action is set "in the Brazilian wilderness," where Leiningen (who is ambiguously referred to as one of several "settlers" in the area) owns a large plantation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom