Saturday JEOPARDY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Saturday JEOPARDY

JEOPARDY- BRITISH FASHION
1. ($400)- 19th century English brothers Thomas and William got their name into the dictionary for making this type of hat...
2. ($1200)- David and Elizabeth Emanuel's assignment to deign the wedding dress for this woman in 1981 was chronicled in a 2006 book...
3. ($2000)- This "Superwaif" model made news in 1993 when she went topless at a Vivienne Westwood show...

Double JEOPARDY- Shakespearean Actors
4. ($800)- In 1968, he played Prince Hal in Henry IV, Part II; since 1994, he's been playing on Law & Order...
5. ($2400)- She first took command of James Bond as "M" in 1995; in 2006 she took command of Falstaff in a musical of The Merry Wives of Windsor...
6. ($4000)- In a "Photo negative" production of Othello, this former Star Trek-er finally played the Moor...
Final JEOPARDY- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
It's the aboriginal wind instrument also called a "Drone Pipe"...
1. what is a bowler ?
2. who is Lady Dianna Spencer ?
3. who is Kate Moss ?
4. who is Sam Waterston ?
5. who is Dame Judi Dench ?
6. who is William Shatner ?
7. what is a didgeridoo ?

hiss, hiss, spttt! (at alix :))

i missed #4 today.

and i really want a digeridoo, just to freak out the neighbors.

it was an educated guess. :smartass:

i saw a bio on shatner once, where he described his lifelong love for acting. since he was the only jewish kid growing up in a hockey suburb in canada (toronto, i think), he spent his afternoons avoiding ruffians by hiding out in a movie theater, where he was exposed to all sorts of really old, very dramatic movies.

so, i assumed he'd be the one, since it couldn't have been checkov or uhura (photo negative).

I went with Patrick Stewart since he was bald and more "Englishy" LOL. William Shatner was too big a caricature in my head to work. I bow to your knowledge. All hail buckytom...KING of Trivial Matters!

lol, i thought of ol' jean luc, but shatner seemed more likely to do shakespeare since he's the kind of guy to have been hoisted by his own petard, in the more french definition.

or you could say he is moor likely to be a ham(let).

ya know, i've always wanted to see picard cheek over in the cap'n's chair n the bridge and let one rip, just because of that expression. :)

I got #s 1, 2, 6, and 7 today. Same as with buckytom, William Shatner was an educated guess. I would love a didgeridoo too!

:)Barbara

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom