Saturday JEOPARDY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Saturday JEOPARDY

JEOPARDY- Be "Hope"ful
1. ($400)- It's the birthplace of President bill Clinton...
2. ($1200)- It weighs 45.52 carats...
3. ($2000)- It holds a collection of household items in anticipation of marriage...

Double JEOPARDY- The Spice of Life
4.($800)- This word can refer to an ancient spice or a segment of a bulb, as of garlic..
5. ($2400)- When dried and ground, the lacey membrane of this spice becomes mace...
6. ($4000)- Sri Lanka is the principal source of this spice, which comes from the inner bark of a tropical evergreen...
Final JEOPARDY- Business
Founded in 1994 by Jeff Bezos, this e-commerce company was one of several who survived the dot-com bubble burst....
1. what is Hope, Arkansas ?
2. what is the Hope diamond ?
3. what is a Hope Chest ?
4. what is clove ?
5. what is nutmeg ?
6. what is cinnamon ?
7. what is Amazon.com ?

Whew! Finally an easy one! I got all of them today. BTW, I am probably one of the last women alive who had a hope chest! I started it when I was 16, using my babysitting money to stock it. I still have (and use) the first set of Corning baking dishes that I bought to start it off 35 years ago!

:)Barbara

Hey ladies, it is a three way tie here! First time I got them all! LuckyTrim, are you going soft on us?

When we start missing too many and he sees the lynchmob gathering, he appeases us by tossing us a bone! (How's that for a mixed metaphor?! lol).

:)Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom