Saturday JEOPARDY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Saturday JEOPARDY
Highlight between the brackets to see the "question"........

JEOPARDY- FAIRIES & WEE FOLK
1. ($400)- In Disney's "Cinderella" this character sings "Bibbidi Bobbidi
Boo"...
[ who is the Fairy Godmother ? ]
2. ($1200)- He spun gold from straw...
[who is Rumplestiltskin ? ]
3. ($2000)- Leprechauns are usually seen wearing leather aprons because of
their work in this profession ...
[what is Shoemaker ? ]
Double JEOPARDY- THE AUTO INDUSTRY
4.($800)- $1.5 bil. in loan guarantees was the government's Christmas
present to this company in December, 1979...
[what is Chrysler Corp. ? ]
5. ($2400)- This General Motors model was labeled especially "unsafe at any
speed"...
[what is the Corvair ? ]
6. ($4000)- This model, which came out in 1950, was the 1st American
compact ...
[what is the Nash Rambler ? ]
Final JEOPARDY- TOPSY- TURVY DEFINITIONS
Although this term originally meant someone who was weird, inept, clumsy, or
foolish, a squad of computer service experts have made it a badge of honor
[what is a Geek ?]

I missed #s 5 and 6.

Although I got it right, are you sure Leprechauns are shoemakers? I know elves are, but I have never heard that about them. :cool:

I missed #s 5 and 6.

Although I got it right, are you sure Leprechauns are shoemakers? I know elves are, but I have never heard that about them. :cool:

Am I sure ??

I only know what I've been "told" !

If you've something else, share it , we would love to learn from it..........

Last edited:
Elves are English, Leprechauns are Irish...different cultures.

Oh and I got everything right!

A leprechaun (Irish: leipreachán) is a type of fairy in Irish folklore, usually taking the form of an old man, clad in a red or green coat, who enjoys partaking in mischief. Like other fairy creatures, leprechauns have been linked to the Tuatha Dé Danann of Irish mythology.[1] The Leprechauns spend all their time busily making shoes, and store away all their coins in a hidden pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. If ever captured by a human, the Leprechaun has the magical power to grant three wishes in exchange for their release.

Leprechaun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Elves are English, Leprechauns are Irish...different cultures.

Oh and I got everything right!

An elf (plural elves) is a being of Germanic mythology. The elves were originally thought of as a race of divine or semi-divine beings (wights, vættir) endowed with magical powers, which they use both for the benefit and the injury of mankind. In medieval Norse mythology, they appear to have been divided into light elves and dark elves, difficult to delineate from the Æsir (gods) on one hand and the dvergar (dwarves) on the other.

The Old English form of the word is ælf (pl. ælfe, with regional and chronological variants such as ylfe and ælfen). Words for the nymphs of the Greek and Roman mythos were translated by Anglo-Saxon scholars with ælf and variants on it.[6]

Old English tradition preserves the ylfe exclusively as mischievous, harmful beings. I can find no connection between elves and shoes........
Anybody ???

Okay, a pair of German brothers (not English?) write one tale connecting elves with making shoes........... gotta give me more before I buy into the "all Elves were Shoemakers" theory..........

the story also says..
.As soon as it was midnight, there came in two little naked dwarfs; and they sat themselves upon the shoemaker’s bench, took up all the work that was cut out, and began to ply with their little fingers, stitching and rapping and tapping away at such a rate, that the shoemaker was all wonder, and could not take his eyes off them.

They are also referred to as "Wights" in the story, so I'm not sure WHAT the little hustlers were, lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom