Saturday JEOPARDY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Saturday JEOPARDY
Highlight between the brackets to see the "question"........

JEOPARDY- Superstitions
1. ($400)- This appendage is considered lucky, but not for the Oryctolagus Cuniculis ...
[ what is a rabbit's foot? ]
2. ($1200)-The utilization of this at weddings is supposed to ensure the couple's fertility ...
[ what is rice? ]
3. ($2000)-this man founded a religion, so go ahead and rub his tummy for luck ...
[ who is Buddha? ]

Double JEOPARDY- Fruits and Vegetables
4.($800)- It's a "cooler" and more common name for Crisp-head Lettuce ...
[what is iceberg? ]
5. ($2400)- The Satsuma, a nearly seedless variety of this, is typically canned and goes
great with Chinese Chicken Salad ...
[what is (mandarin) orange? ]
6. ($4000)- The name of this vegetable and pie ingredient may come from the Latin for
"root of the Barbarians" ...
[what is rhubarb? ]

Final JEOPARDY- Higher Education
Students can swim, play sports, and work out at this university’s Rockne Memorial Recreational Facility...

Final JEOPARDY answer..........

[what is Notre Dame ?]

Last edited by a moderator:
It took me a while but I finally got Final Jeopardy along with the rest. Save one for the Gipper?

BTW did anyone watch the final for the teachers? Who won? I had company and missed it. Can't folks stay home and watch Jeopardy? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Me too! The closest I could come on #1 was rhino horn, but obviously rabbit's foot makes more sense!

FYI - the clue was the Latin ...............

"The Common Rabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus) is a species of rabbit native to south west Europe (Spain and Portugal) and north west Africa (Morocco and Algeria)."

It took me a while but I finally got Final Jeopardy along with the rest. Save one for the Gipper?

BTW did anyone watch the final for the teachers? Who won? I had company and missed it. Can't folks stay home and watch Jeopardy? :rolleyes:

Addie =
3_3_8v.gif

Amazingly, I do not watch JEOPARDY ... moves much too fast for this old brain !

Last edited:
The Teachers Tournament will end on Tuesday the 28th. The semis were done on Friday, sorry I missed who will be in the finals!

Addie =
3_3_8v.gif

Amazingly, I do not watch JEOPARDY ... moves much too fast for this old brain !

My son the graduate from Yale, gets very upset with me because I always get final jeopardy. And I get most of the categories except math. I can barely get past my multiplication tables. He hates it when the Bible or Shakespeare are categories. My two strong ones. More so the Bible.

FYI - the clue was the Latin ...............

"The Common Rabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus) is a species of rabbit native to south west Europe (Spain and Portugal) and north west Africa (Morocco and Algeria)."
Yeah, I kind of recognized it after I saw the answer. :LOL: I try not to let clues get in the way of my thinking. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Just kidding!

Yeah, I kind of recognized it after I saw the answer. :LOL: I try not to let clues get in the way of my thinking. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Just kidding!

But, that is so true, if a clue does nothing "up-front" then it is a distraction, you have to dismiss it to have any chance of guessing correctly. Not dissing the game, just adding in my 2 cents on this aspect.

Jeopardy more often than not, puts clues in their answer. Like Final Jeopardy. The clue word was Rockne. How many famous people have you known with the name Rockne? Rockne was the clue Knute Rockne. The famous coach at Notre Dame. Buildings, parks, hospitals, etc are named after famous people. DeBakey Wing in Houston was named after Dr. DeBakey who was a famous heart surgeon.:)

But, that is so true, if a clue does nothing "up-front" then it is a distraction, you have to dismiss it to have any chance of guessing correctly. Not dissing the game, just adding in my 2 cents on this aspect.
Definitely! Sometimes the clue is a big help, but sometimes it kind of throws me for a loop. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom