Say thanks to the troops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I got this in an email a few minutes ago. Of course, my non-trusting caused me to go to snopes.com and the joy I feel in finding it true is GREAT!! Xerox is sending cards over to troops for Christmas. Just find one that you like, and send it, they will print it and mail it to any soldier. They are made by children and they are all so beautiful!!

www.LetsSayThanks.com

wonderful!

I also saw a story in the latest issue of Taste of Home, which has a site that tells you addresses where you can send homemade Christmas Cookies to the troops. I'm thinking that may be a fun project for this week.

Thank you texasgirl, this should stay at the top with hundreds of sent cards and thank you's to you. I hope everyone can get on board - it took no more than a minute tops to tell a solider how much I appreciate them.

Thanks Texas,
wonderful way to say Thanks and we love you, to our troops.

kadesma

Yeah, I think it's pretty awesome myself. I knew if I put it here, all of you would jump on it in a second. Isn't nice to tell any of those girls and guys we love them and to stay safe.

This is a fantastic idea! I have made this thread a "sticky" so it will stay at the top of the pile for as long as this program exists.

Wow, what a great thing to do. I don't know anyone serving, but that doesn't mean I don't care. No matter what one believes about the government or reasons for the war, you can't deny that our soldiers are risking their lives for us. God bless them. And thanks for the link!

That's such a good idea-- thanks for posting! My best friend's brother is a lieutenant in Iraq right now, and this Tuesday we had a shipping party and packed up boxes of soups, treats, magazines, books and CD's for his troop. We also made some cards for them. I was glad to be able to do something for them since I'm sure it must be so hard being away from their families this time of year.

wonderful!

I also saw a story in the latest issue of Taste of Home, which has a site that tells you addresses where you can send homemade Christmas Cookies to the troops. I'm thinking that may be a fun project for this week.

The U.S. Postal Service will only deliver gifts to troops in the war zone from family members and close friends, due to concerns about the possibility of anthrax or other contamination: Tips for Mailing US Troops in Iraq War Zone

Another way to show appreciation is to find a local family of a deployed service member and do something special to make their holiday and separation from their loved one easier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom