"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #11
Chief Eating Officer

I agree with what everyone has already said, but I just wanted to point out something that not a lot of people realize.

When you look at how many people have looked at a thread, well that number is not accurate the way you may think. Just because it says 100 views that does not mean that 100 people have looked. That number includes bots (computer programs used by companies like Google and others). It is a very deceiving number because it looks like tons of people have looked, but you do not know how many were people and how many were just bots.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Ms Eva Marie I just asked you to be my "friend"...I hope you say yes!
Well ya better say yes!!!...Or I'll have to come way out to Caulifornia and getcha!!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #13
Master Chef

Old 04-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #14
Senior Cook

I don't get in here as often as I'd like, nor do I always post when I come in to DC.

I hope you stick around
Old 04-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #15
Head Chef

snack_pac85, I could have sworn I was the only living thread breaker around - when I made a comment it just died, seemed to me anyway. So I haven't been around hardly any for a few months and when I come back I don't see so many of the names I was used to. Hang around awhile, try this again. Sorry about your dogs - hope you are ok with it all now. I think the forum got way off track from cooking and some old names dropped out. Just a guess, I don't know but I just copied a very interesting recipe for Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage. I think I will stay with that sort of thing.
Best, David
Old 04-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cottrell View Post
snack_pac85, I could have sworn I was the only living thread breaker around - when I made a comment it just died, seemed to me anyway. So I haven't been around hardly any for a few months and when I come back I don't see so many of the names I was used to. Hang around awhile, try this again. Sorry about your dogs - hope you are ok with it all now. I think the forum got way off track from cooking and some old names dropped out. Just a guess, I don't know but I just copied a very interesting recipe for Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage. I think I will stay with that sort of thing.
Best, David
hello sweetie. i am glad you like my recipe for the stuffed cabbage.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #17
Senior Cook

You all are amazing! Thanks so much. The outpouring of love has been overwhelming. I feel really guilty/bratty/childish for being so hurt in the first place. I can see now a lot of us actually feel the same way ie feeling like "thread killers" etc. I do enjoy it here a lot, and I think I'll be sticking around for a long long time. Thanks again, everyone.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Ms Eva Marie I just asked you to be my "friend"...I hope you say yes!
Well ya better say yes!!!...Or I'll have to come way out to Caulifornia and getcha!!!

oooh ooh, I accept! and not because you threatened me. Although if you do come all the way out here and come and get me...you'd better bring something good to eat! I have lemon cake for dessert!