"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Unhappy Saying good-bye for a while

I have been feeling really out of place here lately and so I think it's time I look for another cooking forum where I can build some lasting friendships with members etc.

I make jokes about being the "thread killer" but it's true, I come into a thread and people either ignore me completely or don't go back to that thread. It wasnt always this way, and I don't know what I've done to allienate myself from everyone else.

I posted a new thread about my dog Tia being mauled by our other dog Cash, and about how destroyed I was that Tia was hurt and Cash was put down. FIVE members (one of which was a brand new member) commented, well over 100 looked in but offered not a word of comfort. I just thought that I had built up some great friendships here but in the last month or two...no one's responded to my comments, or pm's. I must have done something to piss someone off, and really wish I knew what or who because I truly enjoyed this place in the begining.

anyway...the recipes here are still great and all, but I was looking for a "community" to be part of and that's clearly not what is in the cards for me here.

Wish ya all the best,

Snack Pack aka Eva Marie

Old 04-05-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
Master Chef

I wish you would reconsider SP. Everyone just has so many things going on and aren't on as much as they use to be.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
Everymom

Eva Marie, I'm sorry you feel that way. I wish I could change that for you, but all I can do is tell you that you will be missed.

I know for myself that life can sometimes be fairly hectic and I don't get to all the threads (or back to all the threads) I want to get to. I didn't even see your thread about your dog being mauled, but my goodness that sounds awful!

Things are always changing here and I know that they are changing still. Please know that you are always welcome here no matter what you find elsewhere.

I'm not going to say goodbye as I hope you will be back. I will just say, see you later.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I'm sorry you're feeling left out, Eva Marie. I hadn't noticed any distancing but, like Alix, I haven't been as active as I had been in the past. I think the ice storm here kicked the starch out of me, so I'm still building up steam.

I, too, won't say "good-bye." Just, "au revoir," which loosely means till we see again. Just take a little break. I'll keep a chair warm for you.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I can't think of anything you have done to make anyone mad. Don't take not posting as not caring. People simply get caught up in their personal lives/jobs and don't take the time to post here. But on a serious note - I could have sworn I was the thread-killer. I decided years ago to not take it personal

I have posted threads that not one person has responded to also. I don't know what to do or say about that...it happens.

Why don't you just take some time...we certainly don't want you to go away. Every time I see your name I think of one of those little 100 calorie packs of chocolate chip cookies!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #6
DC Grandma

Eva Marie, you are welcome to sit at my table anytime.
I am not on here every day like I use to be and I miss a lot.

I am so sorry about your dogs..that is so heart breaking.
Marge AKA Dove

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
I haven't been as active as I had been in the past. I think the ice storm here kicked the starch out of me, so I'm still building up steam.
I guess I hadn't thought about that Katie. I have noticed not so many of the regulars that welcomed me a few months ago have been around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
Don't take not posting as not caring. But on a serious note - I could have sworn I was the thread-killer. I decided years ago to not take it personal
That's good advice KE. I guess I just figured people were not liking what I had to say or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
Every time I see your name I think of one of those little 100 calorie packs of chocolate chip cookies!
I picked the name because I absolutely LOVE snack pack puddings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove View Post
Eva Marie, you are welcome to sit at my table anytime.
I am not on here every day like I use to be and I miss a lot.

I am so sorry about your dogs..that is so heart breaking.
Marge AKA Dove
Thanks for the invitation, that's very sweet. We're all healing from the attack around here, it hasn't been easy or fun, but Tia is much much better.

Thank you all for being so kind. I do remember now why I picked this forum from all the others. I guess I really need to learn some patience and understanding huh? I just hope if I did hurt anyones feelings or offend someone along the way...they'd tell me. I don't want to upset anyone is all...
Old 04-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

glad u are staying. i just had the same deal on another site(that shall be nameless) i posted disagreeing about something. everyone jumped on me. then a wall went up and i might have been invisible. so i do know how you feel and i am sad for you. i did read the dog attack post and didn't comment . don't know why. so i am sorry

babetoo
Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #9
Head Chef

I'm guilty too, SP. I also read the post and it's not that I didn't care. Sometimes, I just don't seem to be able to find the right words, and I think I'll come back to it...and I get busy. I'm glad you've decided to stay. It's difficult when you don't feel welcome; I have had that experience and I'm sure none of us want you to feel that way. Bear with us, OK?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #10
Master Chef

snack, you're loved!!!!! stay fer you & us!!
i neglect my comp. often, busy with other stuff some days. & i'm gonna indulge in a pudding cup just fer you!! (you shold try them frozen- yum!)