Saying good-bye for a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snack_pack85

Washing Up
I have been feeling really out of place here lately and so I think it's time I look for another cooking forum where I can build some lasting friendships with members etc.

I make jokes about being the "thread killer" but it's true, I come into a thread and people either ignore me completely or don't go back to that thread. It wasnt always this way, and I don't know what I've done to allienate myself from everyone else.

I posted a new thread about my dog Tia being mauled by our other dog Cash, and about how destroyed I was that Tia was hurt and Cash was put down. FIVE members (one of which was a brand new member) commented, well over 100 looked in but offered not a word of comfort. I just thought that I had built up some great friendships here but in the last month or two...no one's responded to my comments, or pm's. I must have done something to piss someone off, and really wish I knew what or who because I truly enjoyed this place in the begining.

anyway...the recipes here are still great and all, but I was looking for a "community" to be part of and that's clearly not what is in the cards for me here.

Wish ya all the best,

Snack Pack aka Eva Marie

I wish you would reconsider SP. Everyone just has so many things going on and aren't on as much as they use to be.

Eva Marie, I'm sorry you feel that way. I wish I could change that for you, but all I can do is tell you that you will be missed.

I know for myself that life can sometimes be fairly hectic and I don't get to all the threads (or back to all the threads) I want to get to. I didn't even see your thread about your dog being mauled, but my goodness that sounds awful!

Things are always changing here and I know that they are changing still. Please know that you are always welcome here no matter what you find elsewhere.

I'm not going to say goodbye as I hope you will be back. I will just say, see you later.

I'm sorry you're feeling left out, Eva Marie. I hadn't noticed any distancing but, like Alix, I haven't been as active as I had been in the past. I think the ice storm here kicked the starch out of me, so I'm still building up steam.

I, too, won't say "good-bye." Just, "au revoir," which loosely means till we see again. Just take a little break. I'll keep a chair warm for you.

I can't think of anything you have done to make anyone mad. Don't take not posting as not caring. People simply get caught up in their personal lives/jobs and don't take the time to post here. But on a serious note - I could have sworn I was the thread-killer. I decided years ago to not take it personal :ermm:

I have posted threads that not one person has responded to also. I don't know what to do or say about that...it happens.

Why don't you just take some time...we certainly don't want you to go away. Every time I see your name I think of one of those little 100 calorie packs of chocolate chip cookies! :LOL:

Eva Marie, you are welcome to sit at my table anytime.
I am not on here every day like I use to be and I miss a lot.

I am so sorry about your dogs..that is so heart breaking.
Marge AKA Dove

I haven't been as active as I had been in the past. I think the ice storm here kicked the starch out of me, so I'm still building up steam.

I guess I hadn't thought about that Katie. I have noticed not so many of the regulars that welcomed me a few months ago have been around.

Don't take not posting as not caring. But on a serious note - I could have sworn I was the thread-killer. I decided years ago to not take it personal :ermm:

That's good advice KE. I guess I just figured people were not liking what I had to say or something...

Every time I see your name I think of one of those little 100 calorie packs of chocolate chip cookies! :LOL:

I picked the name because I absolutely LOVE snack pack puddings!

Eva Marie, you are welcome to sit at my table anytime.
I am not on here every day like I use to be and I miss a lot.

I am so sorry about your dogs..that is so heart breaking.
Marge AKA Dove

Thanks for the invitation, that's very sweet. We're all healing from the attack around here, it hasn't been easy or fun, but Tia is much much better.

Thank you all for being so kind. I do remember now why I picked this forum from all the others. I guess I really need to learn some patience and understanding huh? I just hope if I did hurt anyones feelings or offend someone along the way...they'd tell me. I don't want to upset anyone is all...

glad u are staying. i just had the same deal on another site(that shall be nameless) i posted disagreeing about something. everyone jumped on me. then a wall went up and i might have been invisible. so i do know how you feel and i am sad for you. i did read the dog attack post and didn't comment . don't know why. so i am sorry

babetoo

I'm guilty too, SP. I also read the post and it's not that I didn't care. Sometimes, I just don't seem to be able to find the right words, and I think I'll come back to it...and I get busy. I'm glad you've decided to stay. It's difficult when you don't feel welcome; I have had that experience and I'm sure none of us want you to feel that way. Bear with us, OK?

snack, you're loved!!!!! stay fer you & us!!
i neglect my comp. often, busy with other stuff some days. & i'm gonna indulge in a pudding cup just fer you!! (you shold try them frozen- yum!)

I agree with what everyone has already said, but I just wanted to point out something that not a lot of people realize.

When you look at how many people have looked at a thread, well that number is not accurate the way you may think. Just because it says 100 views that does not mean that 100 people have looked. That number includes bots (computer programs used by companies like Google and others). It is a very deceiving number because it looks like tons of people have looked, but you do not know how many were people and how many were just bots.

Ms Eva Marie I just asked you to be my "friend"...I hope you say yes!:flowers:
Well ya better say yes!!!...Or I'll have to come way out to Caulifornia :ermm: and getcha!!!:LOL:

img_810339_0_d64873c71e5b13fa6820dd1d02b7afd7.gif

I don't get in here as often as I'd like, nor do I always post when I come in to DC. :ermm:

I hope you stick around :cool:

snack_pac85, I could have sworn I was the only living thread breaker around - when I made a comment it just died, seemed to me anyway. So I haven't been around hardly any for a few months and when I come back I don't see so many of the names I was used to. Hang around awhile, try this again. Sorry about your dogs - hope you are ok with it all now. I think the forum got way off track from cooking and some old names dropped out. Just a guess, I don't know but I just copied a very interesting recipe for Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage. I think I will stay with that sort of thing.
Best, David

snack_pac85, I could have sworn I was the only living thread breaker around - when I made a comment it just died, seemed to me anyway. So I haven't been around hardly any for a few months and when I come back I don't see so many of the names I was used to. Hang around awhile, try this again. Sorry about your dogs - hope you are ok with it all now. I think the forum got way off track from cooking and some old names dropped out. Just a guess, I don't know but I just copied a very interesting recipe for Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage. I think I will stay with that sort of thing.
Best, David
hello sweetie. i am glad you like my recipe for the stuffed cabbage.

You all are amazing! Thanks so much. The outpouring of love has been overwhelming. I feel really guilty/bratty/childish for being so hurt in the first place. I can see now a lot of us actually feel the same way ie feeling like "thread killers" etc. I do enjoy it here a lot, and I think I'll be sticking around for a long long time. Thanks again, everyone.

Ms Eva Marie I just asked you to be my "friend"...I hope you say yes!:flowers:
Well ya better say yes!!!...Or I'll have to come way out to Caulifornia :ermm: and getcha!!!:LOL:

oooh ooh, I accept! and not because you threatened me. Although if you do come all the way out here and come and get me...you'd better bring something good to eat! I have lemon cake for dessert! ;)

Back
Top Bottom