Sayonara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear friends,

OH's health has deteriotated. I've kept feelings under wraps. You are wonderful people - and that's something beyond the price of gold. Please tell Rascal that I have no malice towards him/her. I'm the one who's not finding it's hard cope. Thinking of all of you.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Hi Di, it's me , and I'm a guy, and don't have any malice towards anyone here. A friend of mine has bi polar, so I know the ups and downs. That's why my comment about seeing a professional. About the only person I take seriously is my doctor. He has served me well. I was in a bad place many years ago, and thought things were pretty bad, then one day I was stopped at the lights and a guy in a wheelchair went across in front of me. His only control of his life was a stick on his wheelchair that controlled his life. I then thought life's not too bad. It's all relative.
I know life's tough but sometimes we need to ask for help. God bless you and your partner Di.

Russ

My mother died today, of the grand old age of 94. We were expecting it. I just miss her so much. I know things will eventually go back to some kind of normal one day, but that day seems so far away. I keep reading your threads, and I find solace in that normal life that just goes on, quietly, in its own way, and I find that helps a lot. Love to all

di reston

My mother died today, of the grand old age of 94. We were expecting it. I just miss her so much. I know things will eventually go back to some kind of normal one day, but that day seems so far away. I keep reading your threads, and I find solace in that normal life that just goes on, quietly, in its own way, and I find that helps a lot. Love to all

di reston

Di, I am so sorry, my condolences to you and your family!

di reston
Big hugs, Lovey

Condolences di, warm thoughts to you and yours.

As you can probably imagine, many of us have also felt this loss. No one feels a loss exactly the same but I'm sure there is hardly a one who does not need a warm hug to let them know they are being thought of.

{{hugs}} to you and yours

Condolences di, warm thoughts to you and yours.

As you can probably imagine, many of us have also felt this loss. No one feels a loss exactly the same but I'm sure there is hardly a one who does not need a warm hug to let them know they are being thought of.

{{hugs}} to you and yours
Exactly my sentiments.. Be strong, di..

Ross

The burial service is Wednesday. I'm doing the welcome at the church entrance, and have agreed with the Rector to allow Ma's life episodes, the more amusing the better, in the church hall. He was delighted, because he too thinks that funeral events should also include the lighter, the funnier, and the totally humane aspects of the life of the deceased. My contrubution is very funny, but at the same time respectful all about the Roman holiday we had all those years ago, in the era of the Dolce Vita.

In many ways, I'm relieved she's gone. She had no further zest for life, which had become a struggle. But I'll always miss her. Along with OH, she was my rock.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Back home now, and everything went well. I was able to greet all the guests who turned, up by name, and showed them their place - meaning, showed them where they wanted to be - in the church. Unfortunately, I had a black-out by the graveyard, and I had to be helped to the village hall, but I managed to do greet each and everyone by name before the service began.

I'll be back soon, but in the while I've been following what's going on

Lots of love

di reston

Back
Top Bottom