"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-19-2006, 11:18 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
All of the Exorcist movies scare the heck out of me

Old 02-19-2006, 11:26 PM   #22
Traveling Welcome Wagon

If they ever make a Teletubbies movie, I will run screaming out of the theater! My kids at school aren't even allowed to say their name! Just the thought of seeing them on the big screen makes me shudder!

Barbara

Old 02-20-2006, 12:29 AM   #23
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
I am not a fan of scary movies so I don't watch them much. Back in the day, though, I remember seeing "When a Stranger Calls" - I thought that was horribly scary. I also remember "Rosemary's Baby" - that scared me so much - even though I did not see alot of it (kicked out of the room as a child)-obviously I saw enough to scare me! Another scary movie was "Sybil". I know these are old, shows the last time I watched a scary movie.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:48 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

i saw "friday the 13th" in a theater the year it premiered, on friday the 13th.
the movie was only kinda scary, but when jason jumps out of the lake at the end when you think it's over, i was three rows back behind my original seat.
when my friend's mom dropped me off at home that night, i ran from the car to the door and kept the light on all night.
btw, that was shot at my old boy scout summer camp, camp no-be-bo-sco.

"jaws" ruined a good summer or two at the jersey shore for me. i still keep an eye out for sharks when i swim in the ocean. one time i was shell hunting in chest deep water with a mask off of captiva island (florida), and i looked down to see a big school of fish rush by my legs. the captain of our boat charter a few yards away told me to stand still, don't splash about. then a big grey mass passed by, and then another. they were sharks!!!

i didn't get any more shells that day.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:09 AM   #25
Executive Chef

Poltergeist. That movie scared the crap out of me. Of course I was about 10 when I first saw it. But I kept watching it over and over again so it wasn't scary eventually. But the guy that played Caine in Poltergeist 2 also scared me. As I got older scary movies were never really scary anymore. It's more so the movies that allude to real life and are satires of people and human nature that scare me.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:44 AM   #26
Senior Cook

I do not like scary movies at all, but got talked into going out to see the first Friday the Thirteenth with a bunch of friends. I walked out after the second throat slashing and was also the only one out of the group to sleep securely for the first week after seeing that movie. Will not go see another scary movie again. Now the scarier the movie the better my sister loves them. Brrr!
Old 02-20-2006, 01:52 AM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie
I am not a fan of scary movies so I don't watch them much. Back in the day, though, I remember seeing "When a Stranger Calls" - I thought that was horribly scary. I also remember "Rosemary's Baby" - that scared me so much - even though I did not see alot of it (kicked out of the room as a child)-obviously I saw enough to scare me! Another scary movie was "Sybil". I know these are old, shows the last time I watched a scary movie.
I love all those old ones.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:50 AM   #28
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Toss up between "The Sweetest Thing" and "40days & 40 nights"...plain scary just at the thought of how far human stupidity can go and make any kind of money out of it...
(well... these are just two that popped into my mind right now but I am sure there are many that are just as scary...)
Old 02-20-2006, 11:37 AM   #29
Master Chef

The fog
Birds
and Carrie - the last scene, when the hand comes out of the grave *grusel*
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:40 AM   #30
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Texas chainsaw massecre, exorcist, and anything Jason. Hubby says the fog the original version, and the grudge.
I forgot about ole leather face,that is one of favorittes...